Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3121 - 3133 of 3133 Posts

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
I've been to the Florabama. Do you still enter through the liquor store and exit through the windows?

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,402 Posts
I'm almost embarrassed to post this, with all the weather some of our brothers are getting. Hopefully it will be cathartic for someone. We've got a high pressure system today which should last out the week. Hopefully it will continue over into your areas and bring some milder temps.

Warning, this clip may induce side effects. Side effects may include dizziness, vertigo, nausea, and a sudden urge to visit California. Once starting to view this clip, do not stop viewing unless your doctor orders you. Suddenly ending viewing may cause deep despair, sadness, depression, and feelings of motorcycle separation anxiety. Viewer discretion is advised.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,501 Posts
Looks like a great ride. Very well done video. Can I start sending you my footage and you put it together?

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
133 Posts
I'm almost embarrassed to post this, with all the weather some of our brothers are getting. Hopefully it will be cathartic for someone. We've got a high pressure system today which should last out the week. Hopefully it will continue over into your areas and bring some milder temps.

Warning, this clip may induce side effects. Side effects may include dizziness, vertigo, nausea, and a sudden urge to visit California. Once starting to view this clip, do not stop viewing unless your doctor orders you. Suddenly ending viewing may cause deep despair, sadness, depression, and feelings of motorcycle separation anxiety. Viewer discretion is advised.

Hi, nice ride, nice disclaimer....o_O
beautiful sound...by the way what you have used for? I have some issues with recording the proper quality sound, I want to know more...

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,402 Posts
I appreciate the kind comments.

@Lup69, the camera is a Winbook. Several of us use them. Lots of info on it in this thread: Video Camera

I also use a GoPro clone for a B roll sometimes, but not in this particular clip.

·
Registered
2007 XVS1300 Blue and basic
37 Posts
Lucky guy, I will be out in about 6 weeks. But then it's all flat around here.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,756 Posts
This morning I had to ride out of town to Baltimore for some work. From my office, it is about 140 miles round trip. I gassed up and away I went. For those of you not familiar with Maryland roads, it boils down to this; they hate motorist to the point that they ruin the roads in hopes people will stop using them. But I digress.

Anyway, As I cross into Maryland from Virginia, I am jarred over and over again by the upheavals on the highway. I hit one in particular and feel something hit my thigh. I look down in time to see something dark fall down around my right foot. I quickly inventory what is missing from the bike and see the gas cap is gone now. WHAT?

I cannot stop at this point as traffic is moving around 75 mph and a lot of it. I figure when I get to where I am going, I will check local parts stores to see if they have anything that work. I stop at one and they have nothing. I look at the right side of the bike a low-and-behold, there it is resting between the floorboards and the frame.

So, if you are riding in Maryland, double check everything on your bike to ensure it is secure!

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
133 Posts
This morning I had to ride out of town to Baltimore for some work. From my office, it is about 140 miles round trip. I gassed up and away I went. For those of you not familiar with Maryland roads, it boils down to this; they hate motorist to the point that they ruin the roads in hopes people will stop using them. But I digress.

Anyway, As I cross into Maryland from Virginia, I am jarred over and over again by the upheavals on the highway. I hit one in particular and feel something hit my thigh. I look down in time to see something dark fall down around my right foot. I quickly inventory what is missing from the bike and see the gas cap is gone now. WHAT?

I cannot stop at this point as traffic is moving around 75 mph and a lot of it. I figure when I get to where I am going, I will check local parts stores to see if they have anything that work. I stop at one and they have nothing. I look at the right side of the bike a low-and-behold, there it is resting between the floorboards and the frame.

So, if you are riding in Maryland, double check everything on your bike to ensure it is secure!
Hello,
Sorry for your loss, when you said "I gassed up..." means that you filled the gas tank? If yes, it is possible to not close completely (correctly) the gas tank ..?
At your bike the gas cap is not locked with key?

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,756 Posts
Hello,
Sorry for your loss, when you said "I gassed up..." means that you filled the gas tank? If yes, it is possible to not close completely (correctly) the gas tank ..?
At your bike the gas cap is not locked with key?
You are correct Lupe that I did fill the tank and the gas cap was not properly tightened. This is on my Triumph and it does not have a locking cap, just tighten till you feel or hear the clicks. I seem to remember feeling the click but the cap was not tight enough in the end. Then again, I wonder if all the rough spots for several minutes were able to loosen it after all.

Reactions: Jspree and Lup69

·
Registered
Star Eluder
162 Posts
I'm pumped I took my first ride of the year Down to the shop for a new tire. Should have it back tomorrow or early next week. 38 degrees was just fine with the heated gloves and seat. Hopefully we get some rain to wash off the roads so I can get some proper seat time in.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

3121 - 3133 of 3133 Posts