Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

3261 - 3280 of 3331 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic and 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
1,125 Posts
The beard took ten years off you as well when it went (y)

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,500 Posts
Last time I did that, I looked in the mirror and was so shocked at the suddenly exposed ugly, that I immediately threw away all my razors.

Have you looked in the mirror yet?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts
Coming home today and saw this. Not exactly sure what the intent is, but was interesting. Did sound pretty good.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado
50 Posts
Since getting my MC license I had been using my bike as an everyday rider. The weather turned wet and rainy for a few days so I took my truck. I have the black on black ram 1500 so I love my truck. But today was so great to be on the bike again. My camera and my phone mount came in the mail yesterday so I am going to test those out over the weekend. Starting a new job on Apr 5, so I think I will check out the route and the parking garages. Not sure if the city streets will be good video. My last week at my current job I will try to get good vids of the Spanish trail near Colossal Cave and all the nice scenery out there. Nice cactus and the such. It is a longer route home but I really like the ride. Plus I want to get miles on for the mile contest...

·
Registered
999 Posts
What's the story with this bridge? That last span looks like a problem.
That’s a good question, I’ll have to see if I can find out. Not sure if the span was taken down when they flooded the river to make Kentucky Lake. I know there is a huge building in the middle of the lake that you can still see the second or third story above the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt when Kelly gets good at riding , you will have to give her the Roadstar then you can get a Stratoliner.

I got freaked out yesterday riding through Milton, they have torn down the old McCarys Building ( that Texas Roadhouse was in) and they are building a new Texas Roadhouse about 3X bigger then the old one.
Hah, our first officer drives a Roadliner. Just found out last Saturday that when he retires soon he’s going to get rid of it. I told him to make sure I’m the first person he calls. That’s his bike sitting behind mine. He’s the one standing in the vest on the sidewalk.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Decided since the weather was beautiful yesterday when I left work, not a cloud in the sky and around 72 to take a less direct route to the house on the way home.

It normally takes me 38 minutes and 36 miles to get home, so i didn’t add a lot of mileage but this route tripled the amount of time it took me to get there.

Was an absolutely perfect ending to the work week.

Check out my REVER Ride! https://rever.app.link/dO8Yygi0Xeb

Unfortunately with the nasty weather that moved in overnight our group ride to Sikeston, MO to visit Lamberts Cafe was cancelled. I was looking forward to hot thrown rolls and a close to 400 mile day today.

I am hoping, if the weather holds, to ride the bike for work to Chattanooga Monday for an overnight trip coming home Tuesday ahead of another round of weather.

This is what we woke up to today, or should I say were awakened by.

·
10,895 Posts
@matthewd92 , you've gotten some pretty nice rides in this month. You over 1000 miles for the month?

·
Registered
999 Posts
@matthewd92 , you've gotten some pretty nice rides in this month. You over 1000 miles for the month?
We’ve been fortunate. I missed a whole week of freaking awesome riding weather while I was waiting on the new rear tire just to be met with crap weather for that weekend and then was in CA for a week. But yeah, I checked yesterday and I’m over 1000 for the month already with what appears to be 3 days left for riding. I should be able to get out tomorrow afternoon and get some miles with Kelley which I know she’ll appreciate.

·
10,895 Posts
We’ve been fortunate. I missed a whole week of freaking awesome riding weather while I was waiting on the new rear tire just to be met with crap weather for that weekend and then was in CA for a week. But yeah, I checked yesterday and I’m over 1000 for the month already with what appears to be 3 days left for riding. I should be able to get out tomorrow afternoon and get some miles with Kelley which I know she’ll appreciate.

We normally are real close on our monthly mileage. I clicked a 1000 miles for the month coming to work this morning. I've got rain tomorrow and most of next week so might not get many more miles in.

Reactions: matthewd92

·
Registered
684 Posts
That’s a good question, I’ll have to see if I can find out. Not sure if the span was taken down when they flooded the river to make Kentucky Lake. I know there is a huge building in the middle of the lake that you can still see the second or third story above the water.

Its my understanding that the reservoir in RI flooded a town. It was built sometime back in the 1800s. They do not allow any swimming or boating in it. But I was told that there are still houses at the bottom

·
Administrator
14,952 Posts
rode yesterday for the first time in over 3 months. in Texas, so it wasn't just a Winter thing why i haven't been riding.
i re-organized my garage to accommodate my 2nd bike i purchased last Fall (dismantled for 5 months and counting), and it has made getting my 1st bike out a cumbersome chore that i decided wasn't worth it to keep doing every day. i'm going to have to re-organize my garage again so i have easier access to both bikes.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Its my understanding that the reservoir in RI flooded a town. It was built sometime back in the 1800s. They do not allow any swimming or boating in it. But I was told that there are still houses at the bottom
Most of the reservoirs in TN have flooded towns in them and houses still. They are really deep for the most part so boating and swimming isn’t an issue. Just make sure you look at the charts and don’t anchor where the old roads or bridges are or you may loose an anchor.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado
50 Posts

My first video with the camera was a miss. I had it pointing up. Couldn’t see much but the sun until I got to downtown. Then the tops of buildings was visible. I ran out of gas roght near the AFB and the Border Patrol headquarter. Fun short ride...

·
10,895 Posts

My first video with the camera was a miss. I had it pointing up. Couldn’t see much but the sun until I got to downtown. Then the tops of buildings was visible. I ran out of gas roght near the AFB and the Border Patrol headquarter. Fun short ride...
Relive video is private, we can't view it.

Reactions: Walls

·
10,895 Posts
Guess I wasn't invited to the party. :unsure:
This is what I get.

Reactions: Walls
3261 - 3280 of 3331 Posts