Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

3281 - 3300 of 3331 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Reactions: Walls

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,895 Posts
@lesblank Just FYI, Walls' Relive opened ok for me as well. Didja make the Relive folks mad about something? LOL :eek:
Must have. Just tried it again and it worked. User (me) error I guess.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado
50 Posts
I really wish I would read all of a thread first. Just spent about ten or more minutes trying to figure out the settings on Relive. I was coming back here to ask what I was missing and how I could update the settings. It is a cool app though.
I am enjoying this forum.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,500 Posts
Today's ride to the mountains. Did not shoot any video, just this Relive and a few photos along the way.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yesterday’s ride with Kelley. We didn’t stop to get any pictures as we had to be back home at a certain time and I wanted her to get as much seat time as she could. When we got down to one of the rivers we saw a lot of flooding and damage. The water had actually come over one of the bridges we had to cross and there was a car there that you could clearly see had been swept away in the flooding. It’s amazing what 10” of rain does to a river system.

Overall she’s getting much more comfortable on the bike and is progressing really well. She really loves riding too which is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,005 Posts
So, Yamato is down awaiting parts (fuel pump rebuild), which gives me plenty of time to ride Brahma.

I started seeing blue smoke on start up on Braham a few weeks ago. He has 78,500 miles now. I figure the valve seats are getting worn.

Well today, I see this nice puddle under the starter as I'm leaving work. It is under the rear of the engine dripping off the starter.

I haven't checked the starter oil level, but I bet that is not where the leak is coming from.

After crawling around a bit trying to isolate the upper wet spot, I found none. I did find another drop under the front of the engine coming from the water pump. I sure hope it isn't leaking too and I don't know where to check its oil level.

All kidding aside, I better hurry up and get Yamato back on the road as it looks like Brahma needs some TLC that will take me awhile to complete.

When it rains it pours they say...

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
My first video with the camera was a miss. I had it pointing up. Couldn’t see much but the sun until I got to downtown. Then the tops of buildings was visible. I ran out of gas roght near the AFB and the Border Patrol headquarter. Fun short ride... Walls My first videos were too low all you see is the road in front of me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Walls My first videos were too low all you see is the road in front of me.
[/QUOTE]
I can’t get mine over the windshield now. I was trying to find an accessory bar, but they appear to be mainly for bicycle...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Had to go on an overnight trip to visit a customer in Chattanooga for work. Since I had to be onsite yesterday i shot straight down I-24 to Chattanooga and the customer but decided today to take one detour around the TN river and up over the ridge. I then jumped back on the interstate to only fleet directed by google to get back off due to construction traffic. I still hit a lot of stop and go but it shaved over 30 minutes off.

Tack on the ride to the office yesterday and back home today and it’s around 360 miles in 2 days so not a bad way to go see a customer.

Yesterday’s trip down

Bike packed for the return trip

Today’s return trip

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
79 Posts
Had a nice 292 mile (per my odo) ride today in some beautiful weather here in the SE quandrant of Texas. Saturday the SVTC goes to the shop for a fork seal replacement (the need for that @ 20k surprises me), the dreaded brake light switch recall (mine has worked perfectly for 6 months since I shot a squirt of silicone lubricant at the switch / lever mechanism....hope the new one works as well as the old one does now). Weather is too nice to lose it for long....(low 56°, high 68°F, clear blue sky all day). Hard to believe it will be pushing towards 100° in not too many weeks in the future, but it will.

Screenshot_20210401-165832[1].png

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
79 Posts
Had a nice 292 mile (per my odo) ride today in some beautiful weather here in the SE quandrant of Texas. Saturday the SVTC goes to the shop for a fork seal replacement (the need for that @ 20k surprises me), the dreaded brake light switch recall (mine has worked perfectly for 6 months since I shot a squirt of silicone lubricant at the switch / lever mechanism....hope the new one works as well as the old one does now). Weather is too nice to lose it for long....(low 56°, high 68°F, clear blue sky all day). Hard to believe it will be pushing towards 100° in not too many weeks in the future, but it will.

View attachment 105180
Oh, BTW, the Relive app must have lost its mind, no way I hit 109. I think I might touched a little over 80 and that's all.....honest officer......

·
10,895 Posts
Nice ride. Several of us have had a MPH spike for some reason, well al least every says it's not right. :unsure:
You need to join us on our next ride, jump to last pages for current proposed ride.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Relive app must have lost its mind, no way I hit 109
You may have lost GPS signal for a minute, when it picks back up it makes a wild a$$ guess.

Reactions: AlanRides

·
10,895 Posts
On my way to work this morning at 4am. Normally only a few cars out with folks heading in to work and maybe a drunk or two heading home. I see a motorcycle headlight behind me for about a mile staying a few bike lengths back. We get caught by the light at the freeway and he pulls up beside me. It's 48 degrees, I have my leather jacket, chaps and heavy gloves on. I look over and see this, shorts with butt hanging out. I got cold just seeing this. So, do you think he's leaving a party or going to work?

Reactions: Lup69

·
Registered
341 Posts
Decided since the weather was beautiful yesterday when I left work, not a cloud in the sky and around 72 to take a less direct route to the house on the way home.

It normally takes me 38 minutes and 36 miles to get home, so i didn’t add a lot of mileage but this route tripled the amount of time it took me to get there.

Was an absolutely perfect ending to the work week.

Check out my REVER Ride! https://rever.app.link/dO8Yygi0Xeb

Unfortunately with the nasty weather that moved in overnight our group ride to Sikeston, MO to visit Lamberts Cafe was cancelled. I was looking forward to hot thrown rolls and a close to 400 mile day today.

I am hoping, if the weather holds, to ride the bike for work to Chattanooga Monday for an overnight trip coming home Tuesday ahead of another round of weather.

This is what we woke up to today, or should I say were awakened by.

Decided since the weather was beautiful yesterday when I left work, not a cloud in the sky and around 72 to take a less direct route to the house on the way home.

It normally takes me 38 minutes and 36 miles to get home, so i didn’t add a lot of mileage but this route tripled the amount of time it took me to get there.

Was an absolutely perfect ending to the work week.

Check out my REVER Ride! https://rever.app.link/dO8Yygi0Xeb

Unfortunately with the nasty weather that moved in overnight our group ride to Sikeston, MO to visit Lamberts Cafe was cancelled. I was looking forward to hot thrown rolls and a close to 400 mile day today.

I am hoping, if the weather holds, to ride the bike for work to Chattanooga Monday for an overnight trip coming home Tuesday ahead of another round of weather.

This is what we woke up to today, or should I say were awakened by.

Not less direct, it is a shortcut, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

·
Registered
50 Posts

This video was from Thursday. It is my last ride home from work using the Spanish Trail. It added 15 minutes to the trip but was totally worth it to me. It gave me some miles of experience. I have finally taken video that isn't pointing directly at the sun. Now it seems that I have a lot of vibration. I didn't think that my windshield was tinted, however, the video seems a bit dark so maybe it is.

·
Registered
999 Posts
What a great weekend for riding. The weather was absolutely beautiful both Saturday and Sunday and got lots of wind therapy.

Saturday morning we held the 1st annual blessing of the bikes that was hosted by CMA and a local RC Forbidden Shields. There were 62 bikes that were blessed. Afterwards we headed out for a ride with around 50 or so bikes. Wasn’t a long ride, right around an hour where we stopped for BBQ and live music. The band playing was one of the members of the RC.

I forgot to hit resume when I left the lunch spot on my ride home so that tacks on about 30 or so miles to the Relive below.

Today we got to take several rides, one this morning with Michael riding with me and Kelley on her bike then we took off for a longer ride with our friend riding Kelley’s bike and she riding with me.

We took the same route that I did with Michael so Kelley could see all the flood damage from last weekend. Amazing the power of a small creek when you get 11” of rain in less than 24 hours. She was concentrating on riding her ride when we did it with Michael and wasn’t looking around

3281 - 3300 of 3331 Posts