Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3301 - 3310 of 3310 Posts

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
147 Posts
Hello,
Sorry for the absence, time is an issue...
Anyway, a weekend ago, I was in a ride with a group, like last summer, with the B-Zones RC from town...here are some pictures, maybe this week I will finish the edit of video (4 hours of raw material).
The ride was OK, from my point of view was quite interesting considering that some roads were new for me. The group is mixed, they don't make differences according to the bike, for them is enough just to ride together.
This the trip:
B-Zones Clubhouse către B-Zones Clubhouse - Google Maps
And the pictures...
DSC06673.JPG

DSC06674.JPG

DSC06675.JPG

DSC06676.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC06686.JPG

DSC06685.JPG

DSC06687.JPG

DSC06684.JPG

Drive safe!!!

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,489 Posts
Here local we have a ride that has become famous. Mulholland Highway, locally known as The Snake. I guess it is ranked by some among the best rides in the US. I rode it on Sunday, which as you know happened to be Easter Sunday. The video below is highlights of the ride. It got a little long, sorry about that, but even after removing all the stuff that made me look bad, there was still a lot of footage that I was fond of.

Regarding The Snake - my opinions are these. It's an okay road, but not all that challenging. Some of the connecting roads however, are really twisty. Overall, I can think of a dozen local rides that are just as good. Weekends, especially holidays, might not be the best time to ride it. I think I will go back on a weekday in the autumn. The weather was beautiful. Could not have been better.

·
Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
147 Posts
Here local we have a ride that has become famous. Mulholland Highway, locally known as The Snake. I guess it is ranked by some among the best rides in the US. I rode it on Sunday, which as you know happened to be Easter Sunday. The video below is highlights of the ride. It got a little long, sorry about that, but even after removing all the stuff that made me look bad, there was still a lot of footage that I was fond of.

Regarding The Snake - my opinions are these. It's an okay road, but not all that challenging. Some of the connecting roads however, are really twisty. Overall, I can think of a dozen local rides that are just as good. Weekends, especially holidays, might not be the best time to ride it. I think I will go back on a weekday in the autumn. The weather was beautiful. Could not have been better.

Hi,
Maybe in the future you will consider also to upload and the long version of the edited video..., I also have some extra long videos, I know that not all the viewers have enough time to watch, but never say never...

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,857 Posts
Y'all are posting these great rides. I'm jealous! This time of year in Houston we have daily fog till about 9am. Ride into work sucks, but ride home has been nice. Am I the only one riding in fog like this?

Reactions: Lup69 and Walls

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,489 Posts
I'm a proud fair weather rider. So yeah Les, you're the only one.

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado
48 Posts
Y'all are posting these great rides. I'm jealous! This time of year in Houston we have daily fog till about 9am. Ride into work sucks, but ride home has been nice. Am I the only one riding in fog like this?

My mind is in a fog from time to time but the weather has been clear in Tucso.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
10,857 Posts
I'm a proud fair weather rider. So yeah Les, you're the only one.
I didn't get the nickname "loose nut" by mistake. :unsure: 🤪

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
If I have to be somewhere I will ride in anything. I have crossed the Bay bridge in a tropical storm, Trish needed to see her patient when she was still working. Now I just don't need to be in that many places as bad.

3301 - 3310 of 3310 Posts