Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

3381 - 3400 of 3428 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,174 Posts
Went on a 10 hour, 500 mile ride today. Here's the Relive. Making video now, will post tomorrow.

·
11,174 Posts
Here's the video of ride yesterday. Warning: it's long. Didn't realize it was that long. You can fast forward the part that says "on other side of San Antonio, rest isn't too bad. I wanted to look at my new land after 3.5 inches of rain in the previous 24 hours, I was pleased. The land isn't much to look at now, but hopefully over the next few months I can get my improvements done.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Well today we went from Gadsden, Ala to Ashland, Ala. We missed our turn outside of Anniston, so we stop and I got the phone out and used the GPS. Not one of my smartest moves, it took us so far out into the woods I was waiting for the banjos to start up any minute. We finally made it, Trish had to go to the courthouse, so here is the Ashland Courthouse, the big downtown and the 3rd picture was painted on a building up on the square.

So we decided to go back on Ala 77, much better road, We went through Talladega and Lincoln. Lincoln is actually where the Talladega Motor Speedway is.

So it was a fun 150 mile ride

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,547 Posts
Went on an epic ride yesterday. Video to come later. The ride ended early and was completed in the cab of a rollback. Found the puncture this morning. Should be easy to plug.

Reactions: Walls

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Bummer @bpounds ! But it can be fixed which is good! Retirement rides? What did that feel like? Have not been able to get my bike out yet since I retired. Weather has been unusually cool and wet here but I have faith I will log more miles since that work thing will no longer be a consideration!

·
11,174 Posts
@bpounds, glad you were able to keep control and not go down. I saw the relive video and thought you had stopped recording on your way home, now I know what happened.

Reactions: Walls and bpounds

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,547 Posts
Bummer @bpounds ! But it can be fixed which is good! Retirement rides? What did that feel like? Have not been able to get my bike out yet since I retired. Weather has been unusually cool and wet here but I have faith I will log more miles since that work thing will no longer be a consideration!
Retirement rides are just like regular rides, except they happen on weekdays, or weekends, or whenever the hell you feel like it :)

@bpounds, glad you were able to keep control and not go down. I saw the relive video and thought you had stopped recording on your way home, now I know what happened.
It was hairy on the freeway. Fortunately it went down slow enough that I was able to feel it and hit an offramp. By the time I stopped on the offramp apron, it was just about flat. In fact, I left the bars straight ahead, and the bike tipped over off the KS. I barely managed to keep it from completely going down.

The tow driver let me ride along, which is against official Covid policy. He got a nice tip out of it, about equal to what an Uber would have cost me.

I've had great luck with the rope style plugs, but I have never used one on a MC before.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,547 Posts
New video of my ride through Joshua Tree National Park.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
New video of my ride through Joshua Tree National Park.

Bill I really like the way you put these videos together..the text narration is awesome. And if we had that capped rock here the top would have been popped....
I think I could get used to some of that wildlife you have out there. (wink wink nod nod....)
And you are welcome, I watched.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,547 Posts
Thank you!

There is an easter egg in there, for the spelling critics. You will think I spelled it wrong, but it was not an accident. :)

My humor is often too subtle, but we'll see.

·
11,174 Posts
@bpounds, very, very nice video. First time in a while I've watched a longer video without fast-forward thru it. Nice story line. Did your tire plug work?

Reactions: bpounds

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,547 Posts
@lesblank it held pressure overnight. I just now rode a couple miles. I will trust it more when I get more miles in.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just got around to making the Relive today but last Saturday, 5/1, Kelley and I and a couple of the guys we ride with participated in the Keg County Poker run to raise money for the Keep Hickman County Beautiful campaign. They have written a book and the funds are being used to publish it and distribute to the elementary school kids in the county. The book is about littering and why it’s bad for the environment.

Hickman county was known as Keg County due to the amount of moonshine that was produced there and the bootleggers. It is still a very rural county and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to come upon a still in the hollers that are all over the county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
11,174 Posts
Just got around to making the Relive today but last Saturday, 5/1, Kelley and I and a couple of the guys we ride with participated in the Keg County Poker run to raise money for the Keep Hickman County Beautiful campaign. They have written a book and the funds are being used to publish it and distribute to the elementary school kids in the county. The book is about littering and why it’s bad for the environment.

Hickman county was known as Keg County due to the amount of moonshine that was produced there and the bootleggers. It is still a very rural county and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least to come upon a still in the hollers that are all over the county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a really nice day for a ride.

3381 - 3400 of 3428 Posts