Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

3481 - 3500 of 3503 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,399 Posts
Did some more testing with the split screen today on my way in to work and then back home. Turning the screen brightness up all the way and putting the dark speedometer app on bottom worked pretty good in landscape, much more readable in the video. The horizontal might be best. Thoughts? :unsure:, Other than my videos look pretty bad compared to @bpounds and @GARider. 😂

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,602 Posts
Looks great at night. Okay during day. Light level is the issue.

Does your app allow the digits in black on a white background? Might be better in daylight.

Reactions: lesblank

·
11,399 Posts
I can do dark blue with white background. Going to try that. Thanks, good idea.

Reactions: Jspree

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
2,145 Posts
There I was, riding to work this morning when I was suddenly and viscously attacked. This is no SH!T! After decades of riding, I knew this would happen someday, and today was that day.

I was a mile from my expressway exit when this supernatural object leapt from the shoulder and hurled itself towards the bike. There was no time to do anything other than shut my eyes and brace for impact.

Luckily, the impact was slight yet it grabbed ahold off my clutch lever and would not release. I did not swerve nor panic brake as this action could have caused further damage if not death at 85 MPH. As it was, the bike maintained a steady state of travel and speed and I could still operate the lever despite the attacker's grip.

Once safely off the highway, I was able to photograph the attacker as proof of the mishap since I know without pictures, some will declare it never happened.

In the end, I am safe from all harm as is the bike which I know most of you are more concerned about though you would of course, ask about my well being first.

20210609a.jpg
20210609b.jpg

The attacker of course is a Popeyes Chicken sandwich, foil wrapper. Since I love eating Popeye's Chicken, I am wondering if this is a sign that I need to return soon as it has been several weeks since I visited a Popeye's. Or is this a chicken's spirit doing what it can to seek revenge on me for the tens of thousands of chickens I have partaken of over the years? I realize that spirits come in many shapes and sizes and most cannot do any physical harm but they can cause you a good start that may lead to some misfortunate happening...

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
106 Posts
There I was, riding to work this morning when I was suddenly and viscously attacked. This is no SH!T! After decades of riding, I knew this would happen someday, and today was that day.

I was a mile from my expressway exit when this supernatural object leapt from the shoulder and hurled itself towards the bike. There was no time to do anything other than shut my eyes and brace for impact.

Luckily, the impact was slight yet it grabbed ahold off my clutch lever and would not release. I did not swerve nor panic brake as this action could have caused further damage if not death at 85 MPH. As it was, the bike maintained a steady state of travel and speed and I could still operate the lever despite the attacker's grip.

Once safely off the highway, I was able to photograph the attacker as proof of the mishap since I know without pictures, some will declare it never happened.

In the end, I am safe from all harm as is the bike which I know most of you are more concerned about though you would of course, ask about my well being first.

View attachment 107151 View attachment 107152

The attacker of course is a Popeyes Chicken sandwich, foil wrapper. Since I love eating Popeye's Chicken, I am wondering if this is a sign that I need to return soon as it has been several weeks since I visited a Popeye's. Or is this a chicken's spirit doing what it can to seek revenge on me for the tens of thousands of chickens I have partaken of over the years? I realize that spirits come in many shapes and sizes and most cannot do any physical harm but they can cause you a good start that may lead to some misfortunate happening...
Dang, all this talk of Popeye's chicken sandwiches is making me hungry.
They are good......but not good for you......ah, who cares!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Did some more testing with the split screen today on my way in to work and then back home. Turning the screen brightness up all the way and putting the dark speedometer app on bottom worked pretty good in landscape, much more readable in the video. The horizontal might be best. Thoughts? :unsure:, Other than my videos look pretty bad compared to @bpounds and @GARider. 😂

The video was good until the last 3 minutes went dark.... :cool:
I still like the cell in horizontal.
The one bad I see with this is at low light conditions there is no lying to the cops that you weren’t speeding. When he shows you his dash cam footage of your large readout display going by him at ludicrous speed.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
What you need is a riding buddy who is a good drone pilot.
I hear ya. I just don’t have any that get up that early and can keep up.
I tried a few different ways to capture video while the drone is hovering but I don’t like leaving the controller unattended and another time in the trunk waiting for it to roll over onto one of the sticks and off goes the drone which happened once. I need to look to see if this has a controller lock or another way without concern. Just haven’t giving much thought.
Anyway a drone riding buddy or just anyone to watch the controller would be nice.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have tried but it’s too slow or sometimes doesn’t follow or gets confused. Also there still the risk of one of the sticks gets moved it takes it out of that mode I believe. I can also put it in orbit mode which would be better, I think maybe. Or map mode and select a destination and it hovers at the last selected point on the map until it is retrieved but still have to leave the controller unattended.
Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic in black
1,314 Posts
Interesting. Our company is experimenting with services using drones, but I am not involved with that part of the business. But it is interesting to learn more about it, as I have done here now.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,602 Posts
Took a short ride and shot a long video this morning. It's pretty much the whole ride, except for clipping stop lights.

I might be making enemies in city hall - we'll see.

·
11,399 Posts
Nice tour of LA, I've never been. LA is bigger than Houston but think we are close enough for comparison of things I see.

Our streets in general are wider. Down here, seems like ever other vehicle is a pickup truck, most 3/4 ton diesels. Most of your roads are asphalt, ours are concrete, neither in good shape. Y'all must have some kind of zoning. We do not. There's businesses mixed in with residential every where down here. Both cities have way too much traffic. We appear to have a larger amount of Spanish architect in some areas. We have as much new construction as you, it's everywhere. Our homeless, and we do have a lot, is restricted to certain areas, under freeways, and it's enforced most of the time.

Fyi, I did watch the entire video. Thanks for the tour.

Reactions: bpounds

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,602 Posts
Thank you for slogging through 45 minutes. It is a beautiful city in architecture. But you have to block out a lot of unpleasantness. Worse now than ever before.

I don't go there often. I served federal jury duty in that court a few years ago. Did not have a bike at the time. Would have made a nicer daily trip.

·
Super Moderator
3,752 Posts
Watched the whole thing also with Total Access in the background. I noticed an old customer from the 80's Viertel's.

3481 - 3500 of 3503 Posts