Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
3501 - 3520 of 3581 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
I enjoyed your video. You rode by one of my old customers it's good to see they are still in business. Total Access NFL Network.

Reactions: bpounds

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,647 Posts
O I C

Thank you

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts
Tried using white screen background. Can't do black numbers but dark blue was an option. Was bright and sunny when I left then clouded up some. Included a short video from this morning. Please fast forward thru different lighting and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Day time:

At night:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Tried using white screen background. Can't do black numbers but dark blue was an option. Was bright and sunny when I left then clouded up some. Included a short video from this morning. Please fast forward thru different lighting and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Day time:

At night:
Definitely stands better. Nice thermos, I have the same one, best for hot beverages.

·
11,819 Posts
Definitely stands better. Nice thermos, I have the same one, best for hot beverages.
Thanks. I've tried several different color combos and the blue looks better to me. Is the blue ok? I have two of the same thermos. Been using them for years. Just don't drop it, the plastic lid breaks pretty easy. One for coffee in the morning and one for water on way home. It does extremely well hot or cold beverages. I like it because I can easily open and close with one hand.

Reactions: GARider

·
Super Moderator
3,977 Posts
Early morning ride to get the Scavenger Hunt Target. 70 degrees and beautiful. Most of it was freeway so I did not record that.

·
11,819 Posts
Liked the sunrise veiws. I had to work today so just commuting miles for me. Quick question, is stopping at stop signs only a recommendation in California? :unsure: Noticed on your way home you might need to go back and stop twice at that one to make up for not stopping the first time. ;)

Reactions: Joe7299 and LineX

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic in black
1,489 Posts
Today, our youngest son and I rode to Lysebotn, a 290 km / 180 mi round trip. The weather forecast promised rain in the afternoon, and they kept their promise; after about 110 km / 70 miles, a gentle drizzle appeared. This lasted until we stopped at the bottom of the fjord, where I shot a couple of pictures.

Just as I packed away the phone, rain began to pick up. As the day wore on, rain would become heavier, and by the time we got closer to home it was really bucketing down. Enough so that I discovered that my Gore-Tex gloves are leaking. Combined with temps around 12-14C / 53-57F, comfort deteriorated. Other than that, I enjoy riding in the rain. Not so fun to get all the wet gear off when one gets home, and of course the bike will get dirty. But I have decided not to let the weather decide whether I go for a ride or not - that will be down to my desire.

A view from above, showing the road down to the bottom of the fjord, image found on the web (9gag)

The Classic did pretty well, allowing me to keep up with my son on his MT-07. Had my bike still been on its stock suspension, the Classic would have lacked cornering clearance, and it would have been next to impossible to control over the broken, frost heave infested tarmac. The only remedy would be to slow right down, and even then it would not have been fun.

The brakes had not problem coping with the 38 hairpins down the 12% decline. The moist road surface naturally meant a slightly reduced pace, but there was still grip to scrape the floorboards. Going back up, we decided to just trundle along, enjoying the scenery. It did not take all that many corners before we had climbed above the lower layer of clouds, but there were enough left above us to guarantee the rain would continue to fall on us.

Anyway, despite the chilly hands and numb butt, it was a great day out.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Took a little ride today up into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Great ride up through the north woods. The bar was mostly a photo and bathroom stop but the ride was worth it!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
I cant' read the map well enough to see your route. Did you go thru Land of Lakes on 45?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Took a little ride today up into the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Great ride up through the north woods. The bar was mostly a photo and bathroom stop but the ride was worth it!

That is a beautiful bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Took a couple hour ride today to nowhere specific just to get out and get some knees in the wind. We took all 3 bikes, Kelley on the 650, her partner on the Roadstar and me on the Indian. We headed down to Leipers Fork and then out of town through Boston. The navigation on the bike came in handy and I just looked for what looked like curvy roads with no destination in mind, just knew we needed to be home around 2 to get the ribs on the smoker for dinner with the kids.

We wound up stopping in Santa Fe (pronounced Santa Fee, not Fay) at the local gas station to grab a drink and a bit of AC, it was mid 90’s today.

From there we wound our way from Santa Fe to Fly and then onto Hwy 7 before cutting onto Lick Creek road to cut off several miles of “straight” Highway with nice curvy roads.

After we got home and I got the ribs on the smoker I took our middle daughter on a nice ride and then took her husband on his first motorcycle ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Yep I think I took that on the way up. It's a nice leisurely ride with great scenery.

I go that way up to Boulder Junction when i am not towing the rv. Four years ago i blew the rearend on my way up in Wausau. Made it to Bridge street. I have been going up there for 40 years. I go up the 45 way to Land of Lakes and head west on HWY B when i am not towing.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
Did a ~ 300 mile loop, had a pretty good burger at the Burger Depot @ the Rayburn dam in order to test my no longer leaking rear tire (replaced schrader valve seems to have done the trick). Also looking for a bounce house for the scavenger hunt, without success. Guess I'll have to retest the rear tire on Friday and see if a bounce house shows up anywhere.

·
11,819 Posts
Nice ride. Good to hear you got your leaking tire taken care of.

Reactions: faffi
3501 - 3520 of 3581 Posts