Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
3541 - 3560 of 3581 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Yamaha XVS650 Dragstar Classic in black
1,489 Posts
"Your selected delivery location is beyond seller's shipping coverage for this item. Please choose a different delivery location or purchase from another seller."

I'll see if others sell them to Norway.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
. This natural stone formation behind the bikes have 3 entrances to a central cave. You can walk in two of them, and crawl in the third.
Since it has 3 entrances is it the cave of Fenrir?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts
Heck, for about $20, I could mail it to you. Might take a few weeks.

Reactions: bpounds

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I road the 74.6 miles to and from work today. I parked out front. Then did an oil change on my wife's Jeep, while i mowed two thirds of my lawn. Including my "driveway" which has grass/weeds growing through it. And moseyed it to the driveway. (The grassy driveway is on the fix/redo/refurbish list. Being on a sole income and a tight budget makes me not like being an adult a lot. THANK GOODNESS! for my motorcycle!)

Ride smart. Ride often!

·
11,819 Posts
Got your PM. Camera ordered. :)

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
Did 495 miles (per my odometer), or 451.9 per Relive (forgot to turn the logging back on for 30-40(?) miles after lunch and thus a couple of real straight lines when heading home.....ooops) whilst in search of a water wheel for the scavenger hunt. There aren't that many of them around these parts....I guess the terrain is a little too flat to make them work real well.....:unsure:
But the one in the picture is actually turning a grinding stone and smashing grains while you watch.

·
11,819 Posts
That was a nice ride. We definitely need to go for a few rides together. Let me get moved, third week in August, and we can plan one.

Reactions: AlanRides

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
My nearly 2 decade old aluminum can crusher from Harbor Freight can no longer be patched up to be made operable. They still carry it (albeit on close out), so I hot footed it out today to purchase the discontinued, discounted replacement. I had never been to Marshall, Texas before but there is a Harbor Freight store there, so I rode the 508 miles to get said $9 tool and a most excellent burger at Jucy's (sic) Hamburgers. Nice trip, still wet weather in these parts with 3 times sprinkled on, 1 time light shower and 2 times frog stranglers.....

Phone died during the ride, so Relive video got hammered and thus not attached.

·
Registered
08 Road Star 1700
912 Posts
I rode to Geneva to watch my grandson play baseball. It is about 35 miles from here. It was a double header I stayed for the first game they won 10 to 1. Was about 7:30 when I headed home. What a nice ride. Weather was perfect. I wanted to leave before dusk. The back roads I take are loaded with deer. I didn't take any pictures I forgot to.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
Ran 300+ miles today looking for a smiley face for the scavenger hunt, and running the rest of the tread off my tires. No smiley, but definitely got the tread taken care of.

While the west side of the country cooks, we get washed away. Lost track of the number of little rain showers I ran through today, but it was a bunch. Roads are starting to hold water now too. Found out the running boards on the SVTC make good stabilizing pontoons.....LOL

High water crossing

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado
82 Posts
Bought a Honda Rebel 250 for my son for his 16th birthday. When I picked it up I had to ride in a heavy, monsoon season rain on the interstate. Up to that point I had only ridden in light rain. The rebel is super light but all went well and I lived. Look forward to getting him on the road and riding…

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
Got 368 miles (per Relive) going to Palestine to find that scary happy face train engineer sculpture. Today's rain events were a total of 4, 3 of them pretty light and one gully washin', turd floatin', frog stranglin' downpour about 20 miles before I got home. Wet roads off and on which completely nullified my newly cleaned and shined up slip ons (cleaned 'em up while I them off for the tire change yesterday). The rest of the bike looks like it's been entered into a motocross competition.

·
11,819 Posts
Nice ride. We only had sprinkles today on the west side of town. How did the new tires do?

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
198 Posts
Nice ride. We only had sprinkles today on the west side of town. How did the new tires do?
Tires did great. I guess I had a little over 200 miles on them before the wet stuff happened, so they were good and scrubbed in. Balance beads seem to be doing their job. Just need them to last a little longer.....and I'm pretty much a pussycat pilot, I think......

3541 - 3560 of 3581 Posts