Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
3921 - 3940 of 3985 Posts

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,932 Posts
From yesterday, this is one of three low water crossings to get to my place. The last part is the last mile or so.

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
690 Posts
From yesterday, this is one of three low water crossings to get to my place. The last part is the last mile or so.

Say the year/make/model of you bike again. I want to say 2009 Vulcan 900 classic but not sure.
I looked at you profile here and at the intro for the bike on you Youtube New bike (to me) video and nowhere it said what bike it is (that i could find).

Whatcha got?

Thanks

·
13,932 Posts
Say the year/make/model of you bike again. I want to say 2009 Vulcan 900 classic but not sure.
I looked at you profile here and at the intro for the bike on you Youtube New bike (to me) video and nowhere it said what bike it is (that i could find).

Whatcha got?

Thanks
Yes, a 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic, 19k miles.

Reactions: VStarArizona

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
690 Posts
Went for a short lake ride and boy it was a Zoo up there today, i've never seen that many cars parked up there (in 20 years) by the river and lake. Ride wasn't going to happen today but i had to test the bike, thought i had an issue with the drive pulley. It was a really stupid reason for the sounds i heard coming from the bike (or thought i heard). Anyway, it had the effect of restoring my peace of mind, i'll sleep great tonight.

ps: i was up it the woods and the reserve light came on, i've been purposely trying to run the bike to Low, but this other issue made me forget about that and i filled it up on the way home. 45.9 mpg.

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
690 Posts
Took a ride today as a last chance before the weekend crowd. Met some nice people from Wisconsin (Snowbirds) retired couple both on Trikes, he was teaching her how to ride hers. Married 52 years! Looked my age. He was on a Goldwing (want to say 2010) and her on a Can-Am (starter Trike not a new one at all).

Anyway, nice day, especially in the morning hours, trying to convert from being a night owl to being an early morning person, not as easy as you think, Do it every year.

From Today
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
05 Harley Ultra Classic and 09 Vstar 1100
127 Posts
The stars aligned today. I had the day off, Nothing came up that had to be taken care, and it was a picture perfect weather day. I went for a 300 mile ride about 60 of which was down the blueridge parkway. It is only about 75 miles from my house right up 64 and there is not much traffic until you get to Charlottesville.

Tire Sky Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Plant

The pictures don't do it justice.

If y'all ever get the chance to ride it, y'all need to take it. One day I'll be able to run the whole thing, but I will be happy with 60 miles I got on it today.

I took the back road back through the mountains and there are some awesome roads as well.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
621 Posts
Wife and I went for a little ride, looking for the cemetery for the scavenger hunt. I just realized I had not put 100 miles on the bike between April 1 and today. No chance on the mileage challenge this month.....

The Relive:

A short clip of TX-87 slowly being reclaimed by the Gulf of Mexico. I run to Galveston a couple of times a year using this route and this is the first time the concrete barriers have been put up. The other end of Bolivar Peninsula isn't washing away quite as fast, but this is kind of getting crazy. TX-87 used to run right (west) and left (east) from where the video starts, but the east end of the road has now been reclaimed by Mother Nature (with a little help from the state of Texas) and it looks like Mother Nature wants some more......

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
690 Posts
Yes, took a ride up to the lake area again today, bike was running awesome, riding fast, passing cars like they were standing still. Weather is beautiful 77 degrees and sunny. One more short (45 mi) ride until i am on reserve again and ready to do the coolant. I usually get three rides per tank, filling-up on the 3rd ride, either coming home or leaving. Felt extra good today, again bike performed very well. Straightened out my mood for sure.

·
13,932 Posts
Wife and I are slowly getting unpacked. To the point she wanted me to hang some stuff up on the wall. She needed a shelf put up and I couldn't find the right size screws. So told the wife I was going to hardware store to get some. As she sees me getting on the bike she mumbled something about hopefully I don't get lost. The hardware store is 20 minutes away so told her I would be be about 45 minutes. Well get to hardware store, sure is nice out here, I thought I'll just go a little further. So, an hour later I'm thinking about that look I'm going to get when I get home. I stopped at the hardware store, then went to local store to buy Carla a desert, actually a peace offering. Had a great ride. I went up Hwy 16 which leads to the Twisted Sisters, it's called the Teaser Sister as it's a nice taste of what's ahead. Here's the Relive and I'll post some video after I edit it, might be tomorrow.

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
690 Posts
Wife and I are slowly getting unpacked. To the point she wanted me to hang some stuff up on the wall. She needed a shelf put up and I couldn't find the right size screws. So told the wife I was going to hardware store to get some. As she sees me getting on the bike she mumbled something about hopefully I don't get lost. The hardware store is 20 minutes away so told her I would be be about 45 minutes. Well get to hardware store, sure is nice out here, I thought I'll just go a little further. So, an hour later I'm thinking about that look I'm going to get when I get home. I stopped at the hardware store, then went to local store to buy Carla a desert, actually a peace offering. Had a great ride. I went up Hwy 16 which leads to the Twisted Sisters, it's called the Teaser Sister as it's a nice taste of what's ahead. Here's the Relive and I'll post some video after I edit it, might be tomorrow.

You called her and told her you'd be a little late, right?

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
621 Posts

I can see it now. Les hides the scotch tape. Carla says "where's the scotch tape?" Les says, "I'll run go get some".
Les hides the paperclips. Carla says "where's the paper clips?" Les says, "I'll run go get some".
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Les becomes best friends with and best customer of the local dessert maker.

:whistle:

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,467 Posts
Pretty Pillion was slightly apprehensive about riding on Buzzy so I enticed her with a ride for BBQ, that did it. Her only concern was that Buzzy is a tad bit... buzzy.

I am quite happy with the bike's city manners when two-up. We got to do an emergency stop and a mile away got to do an emergency lane change. Buzzy did well in both cases.
Glasses Helmet Smile Plant Sky
World Black Textile Flooring Floor
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
13,932 Posts
You called her and told her you'd be a little late, right?
Actually she knew exactly what I was going to do. We had talked about last night. We winked at me as I was putting helmet on. But was definitely gone a bit longer than I thought I would be. Plus after my get off recently we have an app she can track me, and I'm OK with that.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
621 Posts
Can't say I'm surprised she was a little reluctant to get on Buzzy. After all, she had a front row seat to it shedding parts on its first ride home if I remember the story correctly.

Glad to see you added some extra comfort at the rear seat. I've found keeping the pillion's posterior padded makes life more pleasant for all involved..... :)

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,467 Posts
Can't say I'm surprised she was a little reluctant to get on Buzzy. After all, she had a front row seat to it shedding parts on its first ride home if I remember the story correctly.

Glad to see you added some extra comfort at the rear seat. I've found keeping the pillion's posterior padded makes life more pleasant for all involved..... :)
You are correct on all accounts brother. I bought that Air Hawk for her about 8 years ago and she rides with it on every bike I take her out on.

·
13,932 Posts
Here's the first video of my ride yesterday. I'm enjoying the smaller bike for solo rides.

·
13,932 Posts
Here's the bike mounted camera video. Basically unedited for those who want to see the area, it's long, 13 minutes. Forgot to strip audio, might want to turn sound.

3921 - 3940 of 3985 Posts