Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
3941 - 3960 of 3985 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,113 Posts
Seems the video freezes at about 5:20. Still get audio only. Starts again at about 8:00 Might just be my system.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,932 Posts
Seems the video freezes at about 5:20. Still get audio only. Starts again at about 8:00 Might just be my system.
Same here. Let me reload.

Reactions: bpounds

·
13,932 Posts
Reloaded, must have been a youtube issue, file was fine.

·
13,932 Posts
I can see it now. Les hides the scotch tape. Carla says "where's the scotch tape?" Les says, "I'll run go get some".
Les hides the paperclips. Carla says "where's the paper clips?" Les says, "I'll run go get some".
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Les becomes best friends with and best customer of the local dessert maker.

:whistle:
IT WORKED!!

Carla went to store today, comes home and is putting things away. I hear her mumbling so I slowly walk into kitchen figuring I moved something wrong. She says she forgot to some broth. Being the kind husband I am, :sick:, I told her I'll go get a can. She about passes out. I never, and I mean never have liked going to the store. Then she grins, said thanks, but mentioned dinner will be ready in about 2 hours. So, off I go, then remembered the Scavenger Hunt. I could go the back way and get it. So here's the video.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
621 Posts
Beautiful day in SE Texas yesterday (temps from mid 70's to low 80's and plenty of sunshine) so went for a little lunch run to San Augustine, the 2nd oldest city in Texas. Neat little town with a few oddball locals thrown in to keep things interesting. The local town oddball is building this crazy 3 story deck on top of his "church" (more impressive in person than this screen grab):
Sky Plant Cloud Car Vehicle

Got video of the whole ride, but only had one even moderately interesting interaction with an oncoming cager texting, or sleeping, or whatever.....so it's too boring to post. Nice terrain though:
Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Sky

Please ignore the 2 scavenger hunt photos that Relive insisted on including, even after (I think) I told it not to include them. Free versions of premium apps combined with cheapskates like me.....what you gonna do?

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,467 Posts
Speaking of fast; I have been testing the question of, "Can one ride an XS650 TOO fast?"

One can exceed the speed limit of course and be fined for such.

I can now add that an XS650 can ride too fast and blow the snap on visor off your cool retro helmet.
World Blue Textile Flooring Floor

My Speedo says 65mph so I was around 75mph actual. I turned my head to verify the lane to the left was clear so I could merge and POOF! The visor took flight.
I slowed to about 55mph or so till the off ramp arrived about 6 miles away. I stopped at the first convenience store and bought a cheap pair of sunglasses for the rest of the ride into work.
So yes, one can ride an XS650 too fast for the moment...

·
13,932 Posts
I'm jealous, it's rained almost every day since I moved here. Thought I left all the rain in Houston.

World Ecoregion Map Rectangle Font

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
621 Posts
Wife and I took a ride today in search of Shangri-La, and to my surprise I found it Orange, Texas of all places. It is a nice botanical garden/nature center/wildlife refuge. Spent a little more than an hour walking around and enjoying the sights and smells. Met an interesting fellow in the parking lot on my way out who recognized and was familiar with the SVTC. After a brief conversation his first question was "have you blown the engine yet?" Apparently he knows someone from the Seattle area who blew one up while in South Carolina. I didn't get much more from him in terms of details, but an interesting conversation nonetheless.

Plant Automotive tire Tree Tire Automotive lighting

Cloud Sky Plant Plant community Natural landscape

Plant Flower Plant community Natural landscape Sky

Then off to WalMart to get a couple of gallons of Rotella T6 15W40 on the cheap (relatively). Most WalMarts around me are out of stock, so was happy to find some in Bridge City. Saved well over $8 a gallon over all the auto parts stores.

·
13,932 Posts
Went to get Scavenger hunt today and kept riding. Didn't do a @AlanRides run, but close to it. I went over to the beginning Twisted Sisters. The RR336 is the beginning. This section has some nice technical sections and pretty good elevation changes. I got some video I'll post later. Here's the Relive. Interesting sign I got a picture of.

·
13,932 Posts
Looks like a nice ride. Noticed your top speed was 73. Seemed the Harley was usually well above that somewhere along your rides. ;)
Not on these roads. Plus I’m learning to slow down some and enjoy the scenery, well maybe at least a little.

Reactions: Brad_G and GARider

·
13,932 Posts
Here's the video of the east to west ride on one the Twisted Sisters legs. It was a beautiful day and pretty light traffic most of the time. Note there is a strange color, green, while looking out. It will last a day or maybe two. This section sometimes gets called the Step Sister and is often overlooked. It's a nice ride to me.

Here's some pictures I stopped and took.

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Sky Cloud Plant Plant community Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

Sky Mountain Cloud Plant Natural landscape

·
13,932 Posts
Here's the second part of ride, leaving Leakey and heading east on Ranch Road 336. No traffic in front of me this time. Didn't mute audio so might want to turn volume down, wind noise is pretty bad. Hopefully you can see why I'm loving that we moved to this area from the flat terrain of Houston where the highest point in town is a freeway overpass.

3941 - 3960 of 3985 Posts