Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
3961 - 3980 of 3985 Posts

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
13,932 Posts
Carla needed a gallon of distilled water, being the nice wonderful husband I am, :sick:, I volunteered to go get it for her, of course had to take the bike. Was a tad warm at 90 degrees but not to bad. After a search for the 4H scavenger hunt target I was ready to head out. This retirement thing and getting to go for rides like this is really nice.

I'm still getting used to this dirt road thing.

·
13,932 Posts

·
Registered
2014 V Star 1300 Tourer
105 Posts
No cool pics, but I did have an encounter with a big Blue Herring riding through the swamp @ 45 MPH……………He crapped all over the right side of the bike on impact & left a feather in my rear brake pedal. Me & the bike survived the impact but he did not, feathers 🪶 flying & he rolled off the right side of my windshield
Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Suspension

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
No cool pics, but I did have an encounter with a big Blue Herring riding through the swamp @ 45 MPH……………He crapped all over the right side of the bike on impact & left a feather in my rear brake pedal. Me & the bike survived the impact but he did not, feathers 🪶 flying & he rolled off the right side of my windshield View attachment 116926 View attachment 116927
Ouch. They are big birds, good thing there wasn’t any damage.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,113 Posts
No cool pics, but I did have an encounter with a big Blue Herring riding through the swamp @ 45 MPH……………
I hope you mean a Heron (bird), not a Herring (fish). :)

Hitting a Herring would add a whole new level of difficulty to this event.

·
Registered
2014 V Star 1300 Tourer
105 Posts
I hope you mean a Heron (bird), not a Herring (fish). :)

Hitting a Herring would add a whole new level of difficulty to this event.
😂😂 Yes Yes I stand corrected, from the looks of it I think he just finished eating some herring

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rode early today left at 6:00am, it was already 75 degrees, felt great, Traffic around the Lake was light to non-existent Bike ran wonderfully, all the right music played on the phone, just one of those days where it goes your way. :D

Took a few pics
View attachment 117074
View attachment 117075
View attachment 117076
View attachment 117077
View attachment 117078
View attachment 117079
View attachment 117080
View attachment 117081
View attachment 117083
Nice pictures. Lot of water in that lake....... Around here if the drought gets any worse we'll rename the Rio Grande to the Rio Sand..........

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
690 Posts
Nice pictures. Lot of water in that lake....... Around here if the drought gets any worse we'll rename the Rio Grande to the Rio Sand..........
Actually that's the River, Salt River, it's in the Lake area though. Saguaro Lake i didn't visit today, rode by it. I often say "i'm riding up to the Lake" but actually don't go to the Lake, but its right there. ;):)

They can control how much water that River gets via a series of Dams up stream, in fact they can control the Saguaro lake levels. Its all man-made. Roosevelt Dam is the main Dam.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
@Yamaha Pat you have to get speakers and play motorcycle muffler sound. That is so strange not to hear that on a bike, cool as it my be just odd hearing the suspension and your breathing. Hehehe.
And it still freaks me out when you CA folks splits lanes and move up to the head of the pack….
Thanks for sharing….

·
13,932 Posts
Pat, nice ride. Question, what is this sign that appears to be almost in the middle of the road?

Plant Tree Asphalt Urban design Car

3961 - 3980 of 3985 Posts