Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
4021 - 4040 of 4067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Had a great ride up in Gold Country today. Even though I twice went in the complete opposite direction that I needed to go. They were nice roads so no harm no foul. The first video is kind of long but different type of roads and a snafu at the 29 minute mark.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,133 Posts
Had a great ride up in Gold Country today. Even though I twice went in the complete opposite direction that I needed to go. They were nice roads so no harm no foul. The first video is kind of long but different type of roads and a snafu at the 29 minute mark.

Watched at three all the way thru. Great scenery. I think that's the nicest scenery you have ever posted. Loved the trees and curvy roads. Your missed turn wasn't a big deal at all, like you said, nice scenery. Bummer you dropped your bike. Did your foot slip on gravel or kick stand fold up? But as you said, no harm, main thing to damage to you.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,133 Posts
Reactions: GARider

·
Registered
2012 xvs650a classic
143 Posts
The ol' holden has a leaky master cylinder but all good coz i got me a cozy warm shed to work in .. however, i gotta go get more brake fluid (20 km round trip) ... guess i'll have to go on the bike when it stops raining long enough ... if i aint back soon it's because i froze to death out there somewhere,
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Fire Wood Heat Flame Gas
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,186 Posts
I rode this morning. No video, just a story.

I headed out to the shooting range with a couple of Smith & Wesson's in my trunk. It's about a 45 mile drive one way, mostly freeway.

Get to the offramp, exit, and hit a red light at the bottom of the ramp. I need to turn left. I wait, and wait, it doesn't change. I'm the only vehicle, then eventually a truck stops behind me and I figure cool, now the light will change. So I wait, and wait, it doesn't change and there is almost no cross traffic.

My patience wanes, and I try to look both left and right, seems clear, so I turn against the red light. Just as I finish my left turn, dang it there is a cop approaching. He was pretty far down there, so I watch him in my mirrors after he passes me to make sure he isn't hanging a U-turn. Figured he was too far to know for sure that I ran the light.

Well he doesn't give chase, but dang it #2, there is another cop following me. Not far back either. I had ran the red light in front of both cops, going in opposite directions. He follows me, probably running my tags, then drifts past me, and soon we stop side by side at the first stop light. I hear in my left ear, "you going to run this one too?". I look over at driver cop, and he is chuckling. I smile noncommittedly, exercising my right to remain silent. Passenger cop is not smiling, and barks at me "don't do that again!" I've never been so happy for a light to turn green at the right moment.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
All this last week I planned to go for a ride and something always came up and I had to put it off. So yesterday I knew today would work out so I got everything ready....... Woke up this morning with severe pain in my right foot arch, severe enough that I had to grab some crutches just to "walk". Not sure what exactly it is, flat feet and exercise or gout which I suffer from but haven't had an attack since my peter rooter last year. Of course it's on a day when my VA PCP is out of the office and I really don't want to go to the ER. It's eased somewhat now (been a few hours) since I traded out my no arch support mocs to full arch support Skechers.
Not been a good week........ I hate getting old.......

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
736 Posts
Rode early this morning it was nice out, could feel the cooler areas when i rode in the Tonto, felt amazing. Here is a map of my usual ride area, start on Granit Reef (bottom left) and ride to the trailhead (87 & Bush Hwy (top middle), stops in between. Bike had 60 miles on the tank, no need for getting gas today.

Coffee helped get me out early, 6:15am. I don't usually drink coffee but 1 tsp instant coffee in a cup, not even a rounded teaspoon, flat/level one. Half and half.... I have zero tolerance for caffeine so it got be going,

Anyway, Pics

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Parallel

Granite Reef

Water Sky Cloud Mountain Natural landscape

Plant Plant community Automotive tire Tree Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Land vehicle
Water Plant Water resources Sky Natural landscape

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Trailhead (Beeline & Bush Hwy)
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motorcycle

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Sky Plant Natural landscape Terrain Road surface

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Is there any way to get that video wider? I don't see anything in the manual about it.

4021 - 4040 of 4067 Posts