Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
4041 - 4060 of 4067 Posts

·
Registered
1982 XV1100,1989 XT600Z Tenere, 2008 F800ST
1,959 Posts
My camera will give narrow picture in one position, turn it 90 degrees and it is full width. But post recording, no, not that I am aware of.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Like @faffi stated the camera needs to be rotated also there is a lock the auto rotation selection in the software but if you don’t have the software it maybe not possible. However I think the control file is on the camera so when you plug it in you can go to the folder and open the file and lock the rotation.
If not you need to make sure your head it mostly straight along with the camera. Also it depends on when you turn the camera and/or start recording. If you turn it on while you don’t have the helmet on your head yet it will lock to the rotated position.
So you may want to put your helmet on get on the bike and then just slide the on lever forward. This will turn the camera on and start recording at the same time. When done slide it back and the camera will auto shut down in 3 minutes. You can feel the vibration when turning it off like when turning it on.
Last option there a many free video editing software out there that you can rotate however back many years ago when I got this camera that good free software didn’t exist so I bought a very good cheap video editing software that allowed me to rotate, flip, edit and add to the recorded video, Movavi.
I hope these suggestions work for you.
Keep the riding videos coming.
Thanks.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
I had planned on getting in a few hours ride today to no where in particular, but after considering the cost of fuel, the regional temperatures, contemplating what to do to minimize the damage being done to my financial well being by the recent stock market action, and general malaise I decided to just keep the bike in the garage. I have a list of honey do projects and other household tasks to attend to, so I should start knocking those down and patiently wait for things to improve.

(It's a long list.....:D)

So, in the mean time, here's a Relive and a little video of my last ride of any significant length. It's hard to see until the end of the video, but I was giving a wide berth to the semi in front of me whose load of PVC pipe looked like it was about distribute itself on the road in an unorganized fashion. I was glad to finally get an opportunity to put him in my rear view mirrors. Gas was bad enough 2 weeks ago when I took this ride....only gotten worse since.

Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,133 Posts
@AlanRides, I can relate to the Regional Weather and Honey Do list. I have a few hours every morning to get any outside work done without melting and just moving here getting stuff done takes all the energy I have.

·
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,133 Posts
Got a nice ride this in this morning to get the bridge scavenger hunt. The bridge is less than 10 miles away. Ended up riding 125 miles. Sounds about right. ;) . I'll mess with the video I shot later.

Reactions: bpounds

·
14,133 Posts
Here’s the video from today’s ride. I know the roads look like others I’ve posted, but first half plus of video is different roads.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,186 Posts
Nice Les. Those roads are the best for fun rides.

What does RR stand for in TX hwy lingo? Rural Route?

·
14,133 Posts
Nice Les. Those roads are the best for fun rides.

What does RR stand for in TX hwy lingo? Rural Route?
Thanks.

RR = Ranch Road

RM = Ranch to Market

FM = Farm to Market

Font Electric blue Screenshot Number Document

After looking up "official" definition I'm confused, doesn't take much. State says only one "official" RR and that's RR1. Here's a state sign I snapped a picture of the other day, clearly says RR 336.

Sky Cloud Plant Road surface Natural landscape

Now the way I learned:
FM, road from agriculture farm to town
RR, road from one Ranch, livestock oriented, to another Ranch.
RM, road from Ranch to Market.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
690 Posts
Texas is just weird like that. I saw that same claim about there only being on "RR" in the state, but I know there is an R Road 255 that runs from Sam Rayburn Reservoir to the Lake Toledo reservoir in the mid SE part of the state that I've ridden multiple times. Maybe that's "recreational road"....LOL

LOL, can't trust the gubmint.......

Reactions: lesblank

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
2,186 Posts
Thanks. Never would have guessed those acronyms.

·
14,133 Posts
Very nice. Thought my new views were good, you definitely have me beat. Looks like some of those roads haven't been maintained since the cold war. Down here are roads are usually chip seal out in the country, yours looks to be more true asphalt.

Reactions: bpounds

·
Registered
2007 Stratoliner…. ‘10 HD Ultra Classic
7 Posts
Rode early this morning it was nice out, could feel the cooler areas when i rode in the Tonto, felt amazing. Here is a map of my usual ride area, start on Granit Reef (bottom left) and ride to the trailhead (87 & Bush Hwy (top middle), stops in between. Bike had 60 miles on the tank, no need for getting gas today.

Coffee helped get me out early, 6:15am. I don't usually drink coffee but 1 tsp instant coffee in a cup, not even a rounded teaspoon, flat/level one. Half and half.... I have zero tolerance for caffeine so it got be going,

Anyway, Pics

View attachment 117801

Granite Reef

View attachment 117803

View attachment 117804

View attachment 117805 View attachment 117806

View attachment 117807

Trailhead (Beeline & Bush Hwy)
View attachment 117810

View attachment 117811

View attachment 117812

View attachment 117813
Looks like familiar territory. I am in Apache Junction during the winters and ride the same areas. Rode my HD when there the last couple winters but am picking up a 2007 Stratoliner in a couple days that I will be taking down there and leave for winter riding In the area. Don’t want to haul the HD back and forth any more. Also do a lot of desert Jeeping when there.

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
3,485 Posts
Work has me on the road this week, gotta love getting paid to ride.
If you dont know about Kermit, he gets mad if I don't take him on my water trips...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Plant
Water Glasses Sky Smile Cloud

4041 - 4060 of 4067 Posts