Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
4101 - 4120 of 4164 Posts

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,510 Posts
Here's my morning ride to get the Art Gallery Scavenger Hunt. Found out a few things about the trike today. Corner steering works best for me pushing the outside bar than the direction you want to go. The centrifugal force is pretty good wanting to throw you toward the outside of turn. Pushing on the outside bar gives you a way to counter act this force. I had been pulling the inside bar that felt awkward. I feel much more natural pushing and using centrifugal force as leverage. Also found if you turn traction control off, you can easily light up the rear tires. While fun I'll probably not be doing this much at all. I was seeing dollars going up in smoke. You can also slide the front tire in a corner. Had it start sliding sideways mid corner on one I entered a little to fast. After I changed my underwear and caught my breath all was good, hopefully I'll never do that again. I can probably ride this at a 80% pace of two wheels in a corner. But learned I can brake later and hit gas sooner than on two wheels, so time from beginning corner to end of corner is about the same, just the middle is a little slower. @bpounds, that cut you had mentioned earlier is at the end of video. No where as impressive in video. The Relive video messed up again in the same spot. When looking at video notice straight line from Bandera to Kerrville, that road is not straight. Google Maps and Detecht did the same thing. Need to figure out if it's a phone issue or coverage issue.

Map World Font Screenshot Rectangle

Rectangle Slope Organism Font Line

·
Registered
2015 Yamaha V Star 950
15 Posts
Went for a 150 mile ride today. Hit a few rain patches but other than that it was a beautiful day. Only one incident with a driver not paying attention and almost running me into a curb. Just wish people would pay more attention. But that's why we are always on high alert.

Ride safe everyone!

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
812 Posts
......Need to figure out if it's a phone issue or coverage issue.
When out that way in 2020 I found multiple coverage gaps on the Verizon towers. AT&T might be better, but it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have some gaps as well.

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
321 Posts
Sounds real (sheik).

Great pics by the way.

Weather here is crummy. Drove the truck to work this morning, drove the truck home this afternoon.
Went out to the garage after dinner to look at the bike and as I did it started to rain.:(
Same thing here..Myrtle Beach south Carolina heavy rain every day 😪

·
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
14,510 Posts
Carla and I woke upto a pleasant 72 degrees this morning. So a nice ride was definitely on the agenda. We found a cool breakfast place in town a few weeks ago and wanted to check is out again. This was also out test ride since I softened the rear shock dampening and make a huge difference. Carla got their special for the day.

Food Ingredient Recipe Fast food Cuisine

I got the shrimp cheesy grits.

Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Staple food

Wow, wow, we were happy campers. Carla twisted my arm to continue our ride with temps being so nice. So I came up with a quick route to ensure we got home before the hotter temps hit.

Map Parallel Slope Terrestrial plant Screenshot

So we're about 30 into are ride and my music quit in my helmet. Look down, crap, phone is gone. We were doing between 55 and 60. I have Carla get her phone to look at the locate app we have. Heck, phone must still be working as it shows it's about a mile away. Takes a few minutes to find it. We start seeing pieces of case all over the road. I stop to pick up and my Bluetooth starts playing music. Phone screen is all busted up and off. But then I hear navigation saying, recalculation, wow, still working. Screen is trash, but appears fixable.

Communication Device Bumper Portable communications device Mobile phone Gadget

Have insurance and another phone to use in the meantime, so not end of world. Carla's semi mad as she's aways telling me to check tightness on phone holder. So gotta come up with a plan to make her happy. It's been a few hours since we ate, food is big motivation with her. There's this apple orchard not to far away, cool, that should work. I've been wanting to go there.

Plant Sky Fence Door Wood

They have kinds of apple dishes that are fantastic. You walk in and the smell of fresh baked apples fill the air. Look over at Carla, she's forgotten about me messing my phone up and looks like a little girl walking into a candy store.

Flower Flowerpot Plant Fixture Real estate

I'm eyeing the 4 pound apple pie.

Food Ingredient Recipe Baked goods Cuisine

We settle on a slice with some apple flavored soft serve.

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Table

It was sooooo good. Carla almost buys the store out on apple butter, several jars of preserves, apple glazed pecans and a apple marinade she got for a pork roast.

We ended up a tad over 100 miles. The lowered rear dampening was much better. Still going to soften it up a little more, but even if doesn't change much it's a great improvement. We're really liking this trike.

·
14,510 Posts
Went for a quick ride this morning to get my phone fixed. Only ran Relive one way as I switched phones once mine was fixed. Luckily new screen is all it needed. Note to self, be careful when putting phone on bike.

Ecoregion Map Product World Rectangle

·
14,510 Posts
Today is National Cowboy Day and with Bandera being the Cowboy Capital they had a town wide event.

Poster Font Magenta Motor vehicle Advertising

Horse Font Circle Sleeve Recreation

Since I needed to test the windshield I bought for Carla and the new rear shock setting we took the trike. The windshield works great, a little higher than I like as I'm looking thru and not over, but with it being higher works great for Carla sitting behind me. The setting on rear shock is perfect for the two of us, trike is much more comfortable.

A few pictures of events:

Cloud Sky Plant Wheel Building

Sky Building Cloud Working animal Tree

Cloud Sky Street light Flag Tree

Carla enjoyed the ride, but was a tad warm, 93, so was just into town and back after walking around for a few hours.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Jeans

Here's the Relive:

·
14,510 Posts
Got up this morning as normal before Carla, that woman can sleep. I normally go outside to drink my coffee and watch the deer, yea, I'm easily entertained. So Carla comes outside and asks what I would like for breakfast, I respond with my normal, "what ever you feel like". Didn't think to much about about it, she comes outside a bit later, mesh jacket on, helmet in hand, saying she wants to go the "Apple" store for turnovers. Wow, getting the trike has definitely regenerated her wanting to ride.

That's her "Let's go, I'm hungry" smile.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank

So we get there and get fresh out of the oven Apple turnovers, strudel and oatmeal raisin cookies. I got regular coffee and she got apple cinnamon flavored.

Food Tableware Dishware Ingredient Recipe

Food Tableware Table Plate Cup

This really is a cool place.

Plant Fence Building Flower Door

So we're full and heat home before it gets to hot, this was at 11am.

Azure Sky Font Aqua Electric blue

Here's the Relive video.

·
14,510 Posts
Made it to Houston. Man, it’s humid here. First half of today’s trip completed.

Ecoregion Light Product Azure Map

·
14,510 Posts
Opps.

Colorfulness Ecoregion Light Map World

Sky Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Sky Cloud Water Vehicle Road surface

Sky Product Azure Font Screenshot

·
14,510 Posts
Just got home. Nice, but long day and very sad as trip was for a celebration of life. Service was good and spent some time with friends I hadn't seen for a while. The rain I caught lasted about 30 minutes and was a gully washer. It was just pull over and let it pass rather that putting rain suit on. I did get pretty wet, but was dry in about 5 minutes down the road. Yes, the top speed is correct.

Reactions: GARider

·
Registered
2014 V Star 1300 Tourer
95 Posts
Went for an easy 57 mile jaunt to meet up for breakfast in Ephrata, but somehow took the long 115 mile ride back via Hamburg! Glad I went with the naked front today as it got a bit hot coming back into the city.
Sky Street light Building Motor vehicle Billboard

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
821 Posts
Took a ride today into my stomping grounds, filled-up with gas and rode for 60 miles, i had checked the Air in the tires yesterday and wiped down the bike. Nice ride, left early at 6am. It had been 17 days since i last rode :oops:. Glad i broke the "cycle", and rode. Bike ran well, nice to run some fresh gas through the system. 😁

Plant Water Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle

4101 - 4120 of 4164 Posts