Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
4281 - 4300 of 4343 Posts

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
You must have been so upset that you didn’t end your video with “Thanks for watching”. I felt slighted. :(
I think you are are the only one that watches till the end. :LOL:
So, here you go:

Thanks for watching

· Registered
2007 VStar 1300
1,048 Posts
Reaction score
Remember the other day I was commenting on FM 470, one of my normally traveled joy ride road, having fresh tar and gravel? So today while out I avoided that area and went down FM 187 to avoid the mess. Well guess what, it's worst. Looks like I'm sticking to more northern and west roads in the near future. In the last part of video, look at right shoulder, that's about 3 to 4 inches this of gravel.
That sucks. PennDOT did a lot of tar and chip road 'repair' around my way, (SE PA), a few years back. They don't bother to sweep up the excess. Like riding through snow in a few spots.
That's how I picked up a stone that poked a hole in my drive belt a few years back.

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
That sucks. PennDOT did a lot of tar and chip road 'repair' around my way, (SE PA), a few years back. They don't bother to sweep up the excess. Like riding through snow in a few spots.
That's how I picked up a stone that poked a hole in my drive belt a few years back.
That's why i try to stay on nice roads and try to avoid riding to Home Depot or the hardware store on the Bike (pick-up nails, screws etc. in Belt/Tires), not looking forward to changing the Drive Belt or Tires.. :D

2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Got a nice ride today with a group from a HD forum. Had a rider sliding around on gravel and cows in the road. But even with all of that it was a very good ride.

Reactions: Jspree and Jo hart

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Reaction score
@lesblank well I went back to the Richard B Russell scenic hwy you asked me to go North, unfortunately the camera had a depleted battery. However I did get a great, very cold ride in and rode Richard B Russell North and turned around and headed back South.
Dropped off the magnetic drain plugs yesterday at the shop. Part that we are waiting on is still scheduled to be delivered on the 20th. However this is coming from Japan so it is unclear if the 20th means shipping from Japan or landing in the USA or at their warehouse. Either way I hope to know more on the 20th.

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
@lesblank well I went back to the Richard B Russell scenic hwy you asked me to go North, unfortunately the camera had a depleted battery. However I did get a great, very cold ride in and rode Richard B Russell North and turned around and headed back South.
Dropped off the magnetic drain plugs yesterday at the shop. Part that we are waiting on is still scheduled to be delivered on the 20th. However this is coming from Japan so it is unclear if the 20th means shipping from Japan or landing in the USA or at their warehouse. Either way I hope to know more on the 20th.
Nice ride, was that your new house you were showing off?

Reactions: GARider

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Wouldn’t that be nice…however I always said if I could afford a house that big I wouldn’t spend the money on it…for me that would be a waste…
But just think how many motorcycles you could park in there.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Left at 11am and went for a Ride, 78F when i left, high of 83F today. Rode for about 70 miles, Low fuel hadn't come on yet, went and got Gas. 148.3/3.2 = 46.3 mpg. Bike ran well, good ride, weather beautiful. Stopped at the store, got home at 3pm.

Phone Pics from todays ride:

View attachment 121376

View attachment 121377

View attachment 121379

View attachment 121380

View attachment 121382

View attachment 121383

View attachment 121385

View attachment 121386

View attachment 121387
Looked like a beautiful day, it rained here all day. We need it so not really complaining.

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Looked like a beautiful day, it rained here all day. We need it so not really complaining.
Thunderstorms here Saturday, it was one of those that made me get fully dressed in preparation, in case the house blew away. :D I usually don't ride the next day, give them a chance to clean the roads that were washed out with gravel etc. Roads weren't bad at all today. Thanks

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,160 Posts
Reaction score
Wife and I escaped for a while today, 55° and cloudy when we left and 66° and clear when we got home. Until the clouds cleared up it was pretty dang chilly. Found the scavenger hunt buffalo in Buffalo, Texas (whodathunkit?). Lunch in Jewett at my favorite El Salvador taco restaurant, albeit the only El Salvador taco restaurant I know exists. Relive app flipped out on top speed indication....no way I hit 101 MPH at any point today.....

Nice way to waste the day and get a decent dose of Vitamin D

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Nice ride. Had you googled the Buffalo statue or just head up that way hoping there would be one. Noticed you high altitude was just a tad over 400 feet, didn't get altitude sickness?

Reactions: GARider

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,160 Posts
Reaction score
Nice ride. Had you googled the Buffalo statue or just head up that way hoping there would be one. Noticed you high altitude was just a tad over 400 feet, didn't get altitude sickness?
I did do some Googling that gave the impression that statue was at the Buffalo high school. Google street view wouldn't zoom in enough to see it, but I figured if it wasn't there I might find something in town that would work. I actually saw a bigger buffalo statue after taking the picture I posted near a gas station, but figured my GoPro would capture it. It did, but not very well.

Wife and I were both a little worried that pulling up to the front of a high school and taking pictures might arouse the interest of school authorities, what with all the recent school violence, so we grabbed our pictures and didn't hang around very long.

Altitude based oxygen deprivation is not one of things we worry about when we run around this part of the state.....LOL

Thought a cop had bad intentions for me though at one point. I had been staying close to the speed limit for quite a ways out in the open country and getting passed by everything and everybody. I was on cruise running 68 in a 65 and found myself quite alone when an oncoming DPS patrol hit his lights just as we passed each other and I saw him hang a U-turn. My first thought is he's going to hassle me after being passed by serious speeders just not too long ago. I then noticed a pickup truck in the distance in my rear view mirrors pulling on me pretty hard. DPS apparently wanted to talk to the truck driver as I hit "resume" on the cruise control....

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Rode again today, left at 1:30pm, 83F and breezy, full tank, checked air on Bike and Truck, truck needed 5 lbs all the way around, hadn't checked in several months, i dont drive it much. Bike needed a couple lbs each.
Anyway, it was a great ride, got the "vacation" feeling of a younger man today, it was warm but not hot, it was fantastic, wonderful. Bike ran excellent, i always feel better knowing the Air is right in tires. Got home at 430pm, total 72 miles.

Pics taken today:

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Plant Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire

Cloud Water Sky Plant Mountain

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
I'm jealous, you all are out riding and I'm still dealing with stiff, sore knees. I keep babying them, wearing braces which helps but it's a bummer it's taken this long to heal this time. Guess I just did too much for them to handle over the last 6 months. Kinda bummed me out pretty hard which is why I haven't posted too often. God willing I'll be able to get back out soon because I'm thinking I'm looking at bionic knees maybe by the end of the year. That will put a damper on riding for a while afterwards. Who knows, if I keep getting parts replaced I might become a terminator......... Or a Borg.......... ;)

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Wife went shopping today. So being the great husband I am, decided to go for a ride rather than staying home and possibly messing things up. Weather was perfect. But there were a lot of cops and other riders out there.

Sky Plant Mountain Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Sky

Here's the video

All was good until I just about got home. On a long straight stretch, went to shift into to 6th, no 6th gear, motor just revs. Pull over and stop, down shifting, all good. Take off again, 1-5th works great, try 6th again, nope. Stop again, check tranny fluid, yep it's good. So head home. Yes, I looked at gear selector, no 6th gear, just revs.

Called dealer when I got home. They're booked for pickup till Friday. I'm impatient and can't wait that long. They say ride it in if 1-5 is good. It's under warranty, so their issue if it messes anything else up. Wife leaves town Tuesday to visit son in North Carolina for 10 days so need a way home. Call Doc, a local friend, he's going to meet me at dealer on Tuesday and bring me home.

Yea, I'm bummed right now. Having a trouble free trike is why I bought a later model with warranty. But I do understand stuff happens

4281 - 4300 of 4343 Posts