Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
4301 - 4320 of 4343 Posts

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks, probably 6th shift fork. Everything else works great. Should be easy. The plus is HD tranny is separate from engine. Really don't need a loaner, I've got the Vulcan that's been neglected lately.

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,160 Posts
Reaction score
Beautiful weather in SE Texas today.....59° when we left @ 9AM and 73° when we returned @ 5PM. Didn't see a cloud all day.
Lunch run to Yankee's Tavern and Grill (been there, done that several times....usually a nice ride). Bunch of cars/trucks in the parking lot, we were the only bike there. Did see a few bikes out today, but not a lot. I guess most folks had to work today....... Took the long way home, now I have to clean all the murdered insects off me and the machine.....

2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Looks like a nice ride. Seems like I spend more time cleaning bugs than riding. Thought the cooler weather would run them off, but no, I think they got worst.

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,160 Posts
Reaction score
Looks like a nice ride. Seems like I spend more time cleaning bugs than riding. Thought the cooler weather would run them off, but no, I think they got worst.
It's been an odd season for the bugs around here so far. Thankfully the autumn love bug surge doesn't seem to be happening this year, so that's a plus. But, there are still a bunch of swarms of something out there committing suicide at a high rate.

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Don't hate me, but i rode again today, Full Tank, no need to get gas or check mpg. 74F-78F when i rode leaving at 9:30am and returned at 5.00pm. I paid my dues, it has been HOT for the last 5 months! :D

Anyway, half the ride was picking-up stuff towards the City, i don't usually ride there. I rode it with an eagle-eye even gestured once to have the Woman driving behind me to "back-off" my a$$. It worked btw...Overall was very watchful.

Got that done, and went up to the Tonto Nat'l Forest at about 12:30pm or so and rode, Talked to other bikers. Stereotypical beautiful day.

Pics from today (none of the errand in the "city")

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle

Plant Sky Shade Wood Leisure

Sky Tire Wheel Asphalt Road surface

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Sky Plant Ecoregion Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Just got back from a nice ride, weather was beautiful.

We meet and topped off tanks.

Tire Wheel Cloud Plant Sky

Found a cool place that has cars along the fence.

Plant Sky Tree Shade Branch

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant

Plant Sky Cloud Tree Branch

Another quick stop.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Property Window Door Fixture Sky

Then headed to Luckenbach. Yea, I'm the short ugly one.

Jeans Standing Wood Plant T-shirt

Then went to abandoned train tunnel that now home 3 million bats.

Font Handwriting Gas Poster Signage

Plant Font Landscape Tree Poster

It's not a long tunnel. You could see bats flying around.

Cloud Sky Plant Water Natural landscape

We road together for a little longer, then I headed south toward home and they headed east. Great weather, great company and great scenery. Was actually nice getting out on the Vulcan. This was the first time in almost a month since I had ridden it. Only memory reflex issue I had was where the turn signals were and forgetting they didn't self cancel.

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Reaction score
I got out for a nice ride this morning on the loaner bike and hope it is the last ride on the loaner.
They should have had my bike together for this weekend but long story short, looks like next weekend. Fingers crossed.

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
I got out for a nice ride this morning on the loaner bike and hope it is the last ride on the loaner.
They should have had my bike together for this weekend but long story short, looks like next weekend. Fingers crossed.
You are going to have to learn the bike all over again. Hopefully it's soon.

Reactions: GARider

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
@lesblank

I have self-cancelling too, but i manually cancel the turn most of the time. They must have saved me unknown embarrassment over the 2 years i've had her.

That said, the 490 ft or 15 seconds (while moving) feels too long to me, like i said, they are there to save me from embarrassment. :D

· Registered
2,263 Posts
Reaction score
You are going to have to learn the bike all over again. Hopefully it's soon.
You are right on with that Les. Also the muscle memory that I have on the loaner which was basically my last bike so now I have to rethink and learn most and then learn that info center.
I need to break it in anyway so I will just head out on the highway and relearn what I read up on and run thru the options when sitting in the garage.

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
You are right on with that Les. Also the muscle memory that I have on the loaner which was basically my last bike so now I have to rethink and learn most and then learn that info center.
I need to break it in anyway so I will just head out on the highway and relearn what I read up on and run thru the options when sitting in the garage.
It's like today on the bike rather than trike after a month. Luckily it was like I never missed a day. Guess I'm lucky to be able to jump from one or the other. Except the turn signal, guess I've been on HDs to much. One thing for sure, the 900 isn't as peppy as I remember after being on the trike. Not so much acceleration, but engine braking.

@lesblank

If i was Mayor i'd have the abandoned tunnel closed with concrete or screening or some sort.

I hate bats....lol :LOL:
Bats are cool, they eat all the annoying insects we have.

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Here's the video from today's ride. Unfortunately some of the best sections weren't usable due to sun glare.

Reactions: Lup69 and GARider

15,290 Posts
Reaction score
That car fence was cool, how many guesses do you think you got right?
Maybe half. Several of the 40s and early 50s stuff we struggled with. There were a lot of 2 door "Business" coupes, moonshine type. We probably stayed there almost an hour.

Reactions: GARider

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Rode in the afternoon around 2pm, almost didn't, came close to talking myself out of it, but thankfully i didn't! Found myself thinking the weather would be nicer tomorrow...I can ride BOTH days i told myself.:D

Anyway, 77 when i left, long sleeve shirt, got Gas 115.5/2.56 = 45.1 mpg. Three bikes were up at the trailhead (all Kawasaki sport bikes (2 400cc and 1 750 cc)). Shot the breeze about bikes a little, sunny,
good to get out in the fresh air.

When i got home checked the Battery Terminals for tightness, needed 3/4 - 1 turn each.

Couple pics

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

4301 - 4320 of 4343 Posts