Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
4321 - 4340 of 4343 Posts

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Rode today, was supposed to be 69F felt great, think in the sun it was in the 70's. Spent all afternoon ot riding. Got some compliments on the bike from 2 sets of people, one set was on Harleys but they said a lot of nice things about my bike, including the seat.

Anyway, lot of conversation too, i rode 75mi total, got gas first thing, it was at 101miles, 101/2.3= 43.91mpg. Starting to turn dark when i got home, wiped the windshield good, mirrors, got the headlight, lowers, tank, air cleaner cover good.

Phone pics:

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Land vehicle

Sky Road surface Asphalt Bedrock Plain

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Plant Sky Road surface Tree Asphalt

Sky Plant Plant community Branch Natural landscape

Water Plant Sky Plant community Leaf
Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Sky Mountain Plant Wheel

Plant Plant community Ecoregion Mountain Sky

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Ride 11-19-22 No Pics. Returned Mobil 1 Oil at Walmart, Bought a few things while there that i forgot to get delivered.18 Eggs made it unscathed on the bike ride.
74F when i left at 2:30pm.
Before i left, topped off the air in tires.
Came home, went to put bike away and realized i had one more errand to go,
left again, got home around 5:10pm.

· Registered
2006, Yamaha, Royal Star Tour Deluxe
191 Posts
Reaction score
Rode today, was supposed to be 69F felt great, think in the sun it was in the 70's. Spent all afternoon ot riding. Got some compliments on the bike from 2 sets of people, one set was on Harleys but they said a lot of nice things about my bike, including the seat.

Anyway, lot of conversation too, i rode 75mi total, got gas first thing, it was at 101miles, 101/2.3= 43.91mpg. Starting to turn dark when i got home, wiped the windshield good, mirrors, got the headlight, lowers, tank, air cleaner cover good.

Phone pics:

View attachment 122179

View attachment 122180

View attachment 122181

View attachment 122183

View attachment 122184

View attachment 122185 View attachment 122187

View attachment 122188

View attachment 122189

View attachment 122193
Nice pictures from this journey....When I will finish the editing, I will post also my latest trips, from October...
Now it is cold outside, it's raining but the temperature feels like below zero. Wish you a warm nice cup of hot chocolate!!

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Rode this afternoon,I have to post pics, it's like OCD or something. o_O:D
Had a Harley pull-up and ask what kind of bike it is, told him, then he said totally unsolicited that it was a very good looking bike. I wasn't even paying attention to him before, so he wasn't just blowing smoke up my A$$.

Anyway, got Gas on the way home 127.6/2.8 = 45.57mpg.

Pics:
Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

Sky Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fuel tank Wheel

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Vehicle

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Temperature was 69F when i left at 1:20pm today, almost didn't ride thinking it was too cool, but it was warm as i wore a sweatshirt. Stopped at grocery store for milk, pumpkin pie on sale, topping and of course 3 donuts. Opened the windows when i got home at 4:30pm.

Few pics from today:

Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Water Sky Plant

Sky Wheel Water Fuel tank Vehicle

Water Plant Plant community Ecoregion Azure

Water Sky Water resources Mountain Natural landscape

Water Mountain Boat Coastal and oceanic landforms Vehicle

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score

Hey, I forgot to say nice bike man! That Harley looks great, love to own one but it's not in the budget unfortunately. :D

My Truck is almost 28 years old (bought it 5 years old), i haven't had a "car payment" in 23 years! Paid $6K for it at a dealer!

Sounds good, but i was thinking it would not pass emissions, worried about it since October. It passed today! So i'll keep driving it. But someday.... Thinking of not even getting a car/truck....:D. Ive been having the groceries delivered for 2 years now. I only drive 2-3 thousand a year, it's got 108K on it now.

Anyway nice pictures and bike man! Our definition of creek doesn't matter. :ROFLMAO:

I almost rode up to Saguaro Creek today, Errrr.... I mean Saguaro Lake today!
Either way i would have rode to the Salt Creek too, like i always do...Errrr..i mean Salt River...😂

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,160 Posts
Reaction score
The weather finally co-operated and provided a window for a nice jaunt to nowhere in particular. Not sure why I chose Many, Louisiana as a target, but that's what happened. Wife had to attend to her mother's doctor appointments and other "babysitting" tasks, so she couldn't join me. Nice little town, I might take her up there next time we're out and about with a day or two to waste.

EDIT: I got a personal best for miles on one tank of gas today: 234.8 miles from 5.6 gallons (with approximately 0.7 gallons in reserve). Not too bad for a 1900cc engine and weighing over 1/2 ton with me sitting on it. Those low Louisiana speed limits may have contributed a little to that.

· Registered
05 Harley Ultra Classic and 09 Vstar 1100
163 Posts
Reaction score
Hey, I forgot to say nice bike man! That Harley looks great, love to own one but it's not in the budget unfortunately. :D

My Truck is almost 28 years old (bought it 5 years old), i haven't had a "car payment" in 23 years! Paid $6K for it at a dealer!

Sounds good, but i was thinking it would not pass emissions, worried about it since October. It passed today! So i'll keep driving it. But someday.... Thinking of not even getting a car/truck....:D. Ive been having the groceries delivered for 2 years now. I only drive 2-3 thousand a year, it's got 108K on it now.

Anyway nice pictures and bike man! Our definition of creek doesn't matter. :ROFLMAO:

Either way i would have rode to the Salt Creek too, like i always do...Errrr..i mean Salt River...😂
I got lucky on the bike. One of my customers got hurt a few years ago and didn't feel comfortable riding any more. All he wanted is what he paid for it 8 years ago. Right place, right time.

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
530 Posts
Reaction score

I love old salt river spent many summers on it..

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
@Lup69

Wow, nice video, world class Man. Looking at the Roadie specs too. Weight-wise its no different than mine, accept 1700 vs my 1300. :D Makes a person wonder why, besides the Roadie being air cooled, would anyone want a 1300... My justification is it's hot in the valley desert, otherwise i'd feel foolish. Nice bike and nice video!

EDIT ADD: Those twisties, especially the ones with the tight lanes and guard rails
must be challenging. One person steps out of their lane in the blind corner would make for a bad day :D.

4321 - 4340 of 4343 Posts