Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1956 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like this thread, gotta keep it going.

Yesterday I rode to work. Then I rode home. My wife rode to work with me for the first time (yes, we work at the same place :rolleyes:). It was a beautiful, clear, 43 degrees in the morning, 62 after work.

Today I rode to work (she rode with me again!:D). Another 43 degree morning. Then wound up helping our daughter and her husband start moving. Then we rode home. Bug city tonight, holy crap!:eek: Good thing I don't look through the windshield. Only had to nail the brakes for deer 3 times in the 30 mile ride home. I love my driving lights.:D

Sorry, no pics of these exciting rides.:rolleyes: I know, I'm slacking..

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Wandering US 60 today I saw a great license plate on a VStar:

"H8BUGZ"

Whomever you are, Kudos...:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Stupid work. I was all pumped to watch Bevo's video, but for some strange reason :)confused:) they block youtube here. I pulled it up on my phone only to find out that it's not available on Mobile.:( Now I'll have to wait until I get home, but I have to cut the grass and I'll forget about it. Then I'll remember tomorrow when I'm at work again, and I'll be in the same boat.:mad: Hopefully someday.:eek:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bevo, there isn't much I miss from my 8 years in Texas, but the long wide open roads are one of them. I have some roads where beautiful trees come right to the edge, but they all seem to way too short before you come to another stop.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Woo hoo, I remembered to watch. Kinda surprising since I was having pizza and beer at the time.:rolleyes:

Great vid, Bevo, except that the music was so loud I couldn't hear the bike.:D Keep the videos coming.

·
Registered
404 Posts
We're heading out on a 3-day ride in the morning. I figured I'd get a picture tonight while the sun's still shining, since the forecast says we won't see it again all weekend (supposed to be a toasty 33 degrees when I get up in the morning).

Just got the new luggage today, I hope we have enough room for everything.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
177 Posts
hit 100 miles on the new tire. And I hit some curves and did some accident avoidance drills...god new rear tire makes SUCH a difference!

·
Super Moderator
13,111 Posts
a little diddy i like to call my ride to work. this was shot yesterday afternoon. had to downgrade from a 10GB AVI file to a 200MB mpeg file to get it on youtube.

Shot with a Gopro HD Hero 960 camera attached to the crash guard on my Yamaha V Star 950. edited out most of the stoplights. this shows most of Loop 360, a.k.a. Capitol of Texas Highway, in Austin Texas.

song is Amongst The Waves by Pearl Jam

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Austin is a nice place for sure. I remember my first trip there:D I had been station at Fort. Hood. less then 24 hours when the Div.(2nd & 67th armor Div.(HELL ON WHEELS)) was called to duty and I went to Austin. You see the date was Jan 22/25 1973 and we were guards for LYNDON BAINES JOHNSON. Over the next 18 mouths I went to Austin every time I could. Cleanest City in Texas.:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Memorial Day Weekend ride

We left Friday, and met our friends in Siren at noon. It was overcast but dry, which wouldn't be the case all weekend. Headed east on highway 70 to Woodruff, then 51 north to Hurley, with a couple of stops along the way. Made it to Hurley around 6pm, checked into our motel, then perused the streets of town for the evening. Unfortunately I don't have much for pictures, most of them from Hurley wouldn't be appropriate for this site.:eek: We'll just say my wife had her first experience at a, um, "gentlemen's" club and had a blast.:D

We dodged raindrops all Friday night and into Saturday morning. When we went to leave, the bike wouldn't start.:confused: Got a jump, let it run for a while, then stopped downtown for a bloody. When we went to leave, it was dead again. Fortunately we were on a hill, so I was able to roll it and it popped right off. I rode down the hill and around the block to turn around, only to realize afterwards that I had driven into Michigan. They have a helmet law, and I had no helmet. Whoops. Anyway, we headed south towards Minocqua, stopped for gas in Mercer about 40 miles away, and the bike fired right up when we went to leave. Never had another problem with it the rest of the trip. Very strange...

We spent Saturday night in Minoqua, and only got wet once. Left the motel to head downtown and a mile down the road it started raining. Fortunately downtown was only another mile or so away, so we didn't get doused. Got up Sunday, and again dodging raindrops, headed south on 51 to Tomahawk, then west towards home. Despite the weather and one minor bike issue, it was an awesome trip, we had a great time, and racked up another 475 miles.

My pics aren't the best quality, but here's a few...

Lunch stop on Friday, Fifield...

My wife on the stripper pole..

Minoqua

I think this was the most sun we saw the whole trip.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Kentucky

Trailered the bike down to Kentucky from Buffalo, NY for the holiday weelend. Rode about 300 miles around the hills, lots of good twistys up and down hills. Had a great time with old friends. Only got a few pics, here they are.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Trailered the bike down to Kentucky from Buffalo, NY for the holiday weelend. Rode about 300 miles around the hills, lots of good twistys up and down hills. Had a great time with old friends. Only got a few pics, here they are.
Very nice Taboo:)

But did you ever get out of the restaurant parking lots? :D:D:D

41 - 60 of 1956 Posts