Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1941 - 1956 of 1956 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts
Just noticed my top speed the Relive App captured. Didn't realize I was going that fast. I could see rain coming in and wanted to get as many miles in as I could before getting wet. I can tell you that the bike is as stable and comfortable to ride at 100mph than is is at 55.

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts
Bet you didn't see a road sign like this one View attachment 90251

Or see winter wiper blades.
I have never seen a Lift Plow sign before
I guess that is what you get when you do construction thru the winter
Nope, don't see nothing like that, I mainly see signs like this.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Well, having the day off and it hit 56 for a high today, so went for a ride for a few hours.
Ended the evening stopping at an old school DQ for a dipped cone before heading home.
Been lousy weather here for a while, so it really felt good to get back in the saddle for some much needed WIND THERAPY!

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts
Just got home after spending 5 days with family for Thanksgiving. Great company, great food and over 600 miles on my bike. A tad chilly when I left this morning to ride home.

It warmed up pretty good by the time I got home 300 miles south.

Here's the route, a tad over 300 miles return ride home.

Here's a few videos on way home. Once I made it to main road all was good. Traffic was good except last two hours coming back into Houston.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bet you didn't see a road sign like this one

Or see winter wiper blades.
I have never seen a Lift Plow sign before
I guess that is what you get when you do construction thru the winter
Thanks for the clue. Couldn't figure out what that sign meant since we don't have snow plows 'round these parts.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just noticed my top speed the Relive App captured. Didn't realize I was going that fast. I could see rain coming in and wanted to get as many miles in as I could before getting wet. I can tell you that the bike is as stable and comfortable to ride at 100mph than is is at 55.
which bike were you riding?

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts
After all the planets were aligned and the flat earth was perfectly pitched to the sun i took the cover for the classic and went for a ride. Only put on 10 miles but it was great. In December i will take it.
Great you got out. Question is, has Doc cleared you to do so? How comfortable were you?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
He didn't say i couldnt. He said dec 15th have at her. It didn't bother me at all. It has been over 3 weeks. But i did something real stupid after i got home putting it back away. I lifted it up by the rear rack to move the back over. Stupid stupid stupid (don't tell my wife). But i still feel great. I have a 20# restriction until dec 14

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had a bad cold the last few days, but it was somewhere in the mid to hi 30's and sunny, so I took the bike out on a loop that I take when I just need to get out.
Got home about 90 minutes later. Started shivering and felt like hot trash about an hour after that. 10/10 would do it again!

Nice to see some of us still getting out.

1941 - 1956 of 1956 Posts