Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever tried to work on your bike via cell phone screen? No? Well, it SUUUUCKS!!

I have not been able to locate an owners manual for my bike, other than an unprintable download, or "view online. It's just a tad frustrating. I need real life, full size pages...not the teeny tiny phone screen shot! Ugh!

Ok, ::rant over::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
I totally understand Mom. Been there before myself. Have you tried looking online for book style manual with pictures?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally understand Mom. Been there before myself. Have you tried looking online for book style manual with pictures?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yes, I've been looking. I do have a Clymer manual, but I REALLY want the owners manual, specific to my bike. As soon as I get back from my son's soccer game, I'll have to search eBay. I think that's the only place I found one when I looked a couple days ago.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Kind of an unheard of search engine....but I found it right here at the top......

:pRESS HERE

See...... that wasn't so hard....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Took me all of 30 seconds to find (and download) the owners manual, and even the service manual; not sure what the problem is...

Glen

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took me all of 30 seconds to find (and download) the owners manual, and even the service manual; not sure what the problem is...

Glen

I also found and downloaded the owners manual...the problem is, it is not printable, and I want it in "book" format, not on a computer screen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks Nick, but wrong year. Looking for the '06 manual. And so you don't waste your time, there are tons of "downloadable" manuals online, but they are "protected" documents and when you try to print them, they print blank pages. I'm trying to get my hands on the actual book, so I don't have to be glued to the computer screen. :/

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not sure if you want to go this route but there are a couple of password pdf to word converters out there. How good they are I cannot say. But it might be a last route. I have the soft copies for my 2009 V-Star 1300 Tourer. Just have not had time to try one of these yet. Just a thought.

Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure if you want to go this route but there are a couple of password pdf to word converters out there. How good they are I cannot say. But it might be a last route. I have the soft copies for my 2009 V-Star 1300 Tourer. Just have not had time to try one of these yet. Just a thought.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. If I can't find the hard copy, I may give this a try. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mom2sixqts Did you try on Yamaha's site?? Here is link to search for your manual

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/owners-manuals

and this is link to 2006 650 manual

https://dd5394a0b8ca8e97ba29-abf76f3d91a2125517d6c7c409f095c7.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/content/common/manuals/2006/LIT-11626-19-70_1187.pdf

It is a pdf file and I don't think it is locked from being printed. I test printed the cover page and it worked.

Only the cover page prints, the rest of the pages print blank. Pretty sure they are all protected/locked. :/ Thanks for trying, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Here's the weird part. If I went to the site and requested and displayed the selected owners manual I could print any pages I wanted too. If I downloaded and saved a copy as a pdf file on my computer, then opened the file in Adobe Acrobat it WOULD NOT let me print any selected pages. The saved pdf file showed that it was password security protected and would not allow printing. HMMMMMM !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts