Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...another trip to the State of Michigan this weekend. Visiting the State of Michigan...and here we go again. My wife's niece graduated last year from Hope College, with a Degree in Nursing, and landed a position in Grand Rapids, MI. So...we are once more off to visit her this weekend. The poor lass has 12 hour shifts on her feet, so we don't ask her drive back to Ontario, to visit. We use our time with her as a great reason to visit that part of the neighbor state. :)

We love the Grand Rapids, Grand Haven, Holland, Saugatuck area of the state, and visit often, with seeing her niece as a great excuse to hop on Charlotte and make the run....

So, this weekend is predicting sunny, but humid weather for Saturday and Sunday...but hey....NOTHING like what American and other Floridian and Texan riders have to put up with as their 'everyday' riding experience, so no crabbing on my part about some itzy-bitzy spate of humidity in the air. Soon, there will be frozen humidity...and I will be crabbing soon enough about having to clear the driveway of the stuff....so, into the shower, pack up Charlotte with our overnight bags (I bought the OEM SVTC side bags)...actually very nice, and they fit like a glove stuffed with gal and guy items of clothing and such...lol..and I like the logo upon them as we check into sleep accommodations on the road. I feel so 'cool and with it'....lol :) Lame, I know..but I still feel so debonair coming into and plopping them upon the check-in desk. We get complements on them...so they must look 'cool and debonair' lol....(life is good)......

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable riding weekend, if you can make the time, or connection. Owning an SVTC, just begs you to load up its cavernous luggage space....overnights, camping stuff, day stuff, girl stuff (love you, Pookie!) and just MOVE ON OUT....and 'thrum' it down the highway!

Thrum'in Joe and Dee-Dee soon heading out for another SVTC stoked adventure.....and cheers, y'all!

Joe

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
...another trip to the State of Michigan this weekend. Visiting the State of Michigan...and here we go again. My wife's niece graduated last year from Hope College, with a Degree in Nursing, and landed a position in Grand Rapids, MI. So...we are once more off to visit her this weekend. The poor lass has 12 hour shifts on her feet, so we don't ask her drive back to Ontario, to visit. We use our time with her as a great reason to visit that part of the neighbor state. /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

We love the Grand Rapids, Grand Haven, Holland, Saugatuck area of the state, and visit often, with seeing her niece as a great excuse to hop on Charlotte and make the run....

So, this weekend is predicting sunny, but humid weather for Saturday and Sunday...but hey....NOTHING like what American and other Floridian and Texan riders have to put up with as their 'everyday' riding experience, so no crabbing on my part about some itzy-bitzy spate of humidity in the air. Soon, there will be frozen humidity...and I will be crabbing soon enough about having to clear the driveway of the stuff....so, into the shower, pack up Charlotte with our overnight bags (I bought the OEM SVTC side bags...actually very nice, and they fit like a glove stuffed with gal and guy items of clothing and such...lol..and I like the logo upon them as we check into sleep accommodations on the road. I feel so 'cool and with it'....lol /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif Lame, I know..but I still feel so debonair coming into and plopping them upon the check-in desk. We get complements on them...so they must look 'cool and debonair' lol....(life is good)......

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable riding weekend, if you can make the time, or connection. Owning an SVTC, just begs you to load up its cavernous luggage space....overnights, camping stuff, day stuff, girl stuff (love you, Pookie!) and just MOVE ON OUT....and 'thrum' it down the highway!

Thrum'in Joe and Dee-Dee soon heading out for another SVTC stoked adventure.....and cheers, y'all!

Joe
Have a safe trip Joe! I’m just about to turn over 12k miles on Big Red. 😁

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have a safe trip Joe! I’m just about to turn over 12k miles on Big Red. 😁
Thanks, and we just pulled into our own property about 1/2 hour ago. We did an early morning power-ride, because they have closed the 401 highway just near London, Ontario, for construction this weekend, and we didn't want to be in the horrendous back-log of cars being diverted off and and around come Sunday ride-back. We hit that closure around 3:00 AM, and sailed right through, as one would expect. Dang...those SVTC lower fog lamps light up the night! I now never ride at night (or rain/fog) without them. I probably should have had a set installed on our 2008 Wing...but never did, so having a set, in the SVTC is a first, but now, in my books, a must have item on any Tour Mount. Man, they light up the road...like even High Beams don't do!!!

So, home again...and another great SVTC on-road love fest logged in. :)

Gawd...I love this bike! :) I had Led Zeppelin taking care of the wee morning hours, and my wife had an Equestrian Riding Lecture that she had to listen to, for her Book Club, coming through her helmet. Man...this feature ALONE makes one need an SVTC, lol. Yamaha....you ROCK!

Since owning this bike, Tony..not ONCE, has my wife asked me to 'turn off that, please change to what I like for now,...turn the volume down, turn (rare) the volume up..., all this....she does it all herself, from the co-rider, rear control console. She takes phone calls, and makes them, the same way....totally independent of my personal Zen....husbands/boyfriends...you are FREE....FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Typed by a Volume and Sound Source, emancipated Husband.....
Emancipated Joe...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts