Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people. I am thinking of getting a Road Star S. I test drove a 2009 today and it handled great but boy does it shake like Beyonce at the Superbowl!

So my question is, do all Road Stars shake like this and do you get used to the vibration? Or does the vibration eventually cause you to wear a mouthguard so as not to break your teeth from the chattering?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey people. I am thinking of getting a Road Star S. I test drove a 2009 today and it handled great but boy does it shake like Beyonce at the Superbowl!

So my question is, do all Road Stars shake like this and do you get used to the vibration? Or does the vibration eventually cause you to wear a mouthguard so as not to break your teeth from the chattering?
A buddy of mine had a midnight star. It shakes a little at idle, seems more so when its warming up. But the one time I rode it for nearly 60 miles and I didn't notice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My Road Star does vibrate a bit at idle. It smoothes out when traveling. This is common and normal in large displacement v-twins.

You haven't seen the engine on a Harley attempting to jump out of the frame? That's vibration personified, and normal for that design.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As luck would have it I found a used 2012 Road Star and gave it a test ride. Significantly less shake than the 2009. It's mine now!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to agree with GEZ. Mine has a little but nothing like any one of my Hogs. This is the best v twin i have ever had, and I've had them all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The more you do to the engine (air kit, pipes, jetting, big bore) the more she shakes. My Roady has the 110 big bore kit with Thunder Mfg air kit and V&H Longshots (no baffles) and she looks like a dog wagging its tail when you first get home. This is just at idle though. Don't feel it when under way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Big bore kit

Sdspeed, it's actually the Orient Express kit. I don't see that they sell the kits anymore. I purchased mine 10 years ago and she is still going strong.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sdspeed, it's actually the Orient Express kit. I don't see that they sell the kits anymore. I purchased mine 10 years ago and she is still going strong.

i'm felling my age now! I sold my Roadie in 2006. I went a different direction and installed a Magnacharger. I recall looking at the Orient kits as wll. I just thought this and the other Big Bore kits Patrick is advrtising was prhaps what you had. Ten years of FUN!

http://shop.patrickracingbillet.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Racing_Parts&Product_Code=3019&Category_Code=Performance_Services_Big_Bore_Kits

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sdspeed, I see why you said Patrick Racing. They are on your coast. I went with Orient because they are on mine and when I lived in CT, I could just drive to their shop if I had problems. A buddy of mine had the magnacharger on his Harley softtail. I thought about a turbo kit or supercharger but wanted a sleeper. Nothing like the look on their eyes when they're staring at your taillights after they just showed off in front of their friends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts