Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a dealer Yamaha told us 18 new models in 18 months. To date we have had three nice models but no touring model with all the bells and whistles. We still need a 450-900cc adventure touring bike and they have a nice 660 in Europe. We get a new cheaper R-1 and some warmed over models with new paint and graphics. They call these new models, hardly the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Believe it when you see it.

We have been BEGGING for a new touring bike for years. Some customers said they would buy the Venture if Yamaha would just fuel inject it. That is loyalty! My feeling is that we will not see anything truly new for quite some time. Kawasaki even said they are cutting back on the cruiser market and not chasing Harley any longer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I only hope if they do come back in 2017, the Gas tank is larger, the transmission is a 6 SP, ABS, Built in stereo and gauges, Cruise control. Well if not I'll go to the dark side HD, I have a 2009 and have waited for years for any changes. None!! Oh except they took the Stays off the front fender.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
They did exactly the same thing a few years ago - they had a glut of 650s or 950s...I can't remember which so they went a year where they made no new ones, then brought it back the year after when the dealers had all sold off the new, old models.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just came back from my dealer. He said that there were several 2015 Strats and Roadliners unsold over the country, so no 16's. They hope to revive them in 2017.:frown:
They didn't make '15 Strat or Roadliners 2014 was the last year for them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agree! Bring us a 6-speed Strat!

My '09 Strat turns 2750 @ 70 MPH, the same as my '10 Harley in 6th gear, and my buddy's Street Glide in 6th gear. It just sounds like it is running faster. Twist the throttle, and my Strat will leave both bikes in the dust.
:laugh:

·
Registered
172 Posts
My '09 Strat turns 2750 @ 70 MPH, the same as my '10 Harley in 6th gear, and my buddy's Street Glide in 6th gear. It just sounds like it is running faster. Twist the throttle, and my Strat will leave both bikes in the dust.
:laugh:
Don't need six gears on a bike with torque.
A smaller rear pulley & a belt at most.
Sport bikes with narrow powerbands need six gear to keep the power flowing.

JJ

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was able to pick up a brand new 2014 Strat S right before Christmas for $10,300. Glad I bought the last year model. Now all I need is some nice weather here in Eastern Kansas.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was able to pick up a brand new 2014 Strat S right before Christmas for $10,300. Glad I bought the last year model. Now all I need is some nice weather here in Eastern Kansas.
How much snow y'all got here in jessamine county we got about an inch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts