Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

How often do you preflight your ride?

• Once in the springtime, once in the fall

Votes: 0 0.0%

The Truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the Truth

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  stratowart 
#1 ·
So: just how many of you do a walk-around preflight of your bike? Check all the lights/turn signals, brake lights, tire pressures, loose fittings, clean the mirrors and the windshield (clean 'em if 'ya gottem...:D)

Fess up and be honest;)

#2 ·
Every time I leave the house on a new day. But once I'm out riding around, if I stop somewhere I don't do it again till the next time I leave home.

#4 ·
Springer,

I'm a former flyer and used to pre-flight thoroughly, but I'm not leaving the ground (intentionally) on my V-star. I check the tires every couple weeks, the rest about once a week.

The difference is in a plane, you can't pull over to the side of the road.

#5 ·
Straight up here, yes I do a total pre flight before each ride, sometimes the night right before. I figger if the bike is good, then the rest of bein safe is up to me(the ridin part)

At a piss stop or just take a break, I do a walk around before taking off again. That rountine has kept me unright many moons:D

It is bad enough, bike vs idiot on the road, I figger have all the ammo on your side that you can:eek::cool: Ride Safe:cool:

#7 ·
I never realized how much i slack on this one :eek: OUCH!!! Time for me to get with the program :)

#8 ·
I do a preflight check on weekend rides. But when I ride to work or in the evenings after work I don't. Shame on you SparkyD.

#9 ·
OTR truck driver, so before every trip and often during stops here and there............. Pilot, so you'd think I'd fail one for the slightest thing and I rode a badly dry rotted set of tires............. a few hundred times on several different bikes and have had my share of blow-outs.

Do I check every little thing? YES
Do I ride when I shouldn't? Sadly, YES... The only thing I can say is that I know what to expect.

In truth, the younger I get, the less I take those little chances, but I'm still guilty.

Frank

#14 ·
If anyone wants to think about this ok, if not ,that's ok too:) I am one that does the total pre-flight before each ride. Yesterday, I done a little 100 miler through the country roads, just relaxin, done the total check before, all was well.

Today, fixin to go again, and whoops, the front brake lever did not activate the brake light:eek: Checked it out, had a connection problem(one ride to the next). Just sayin it is wise(I think) to stay on top of your bike(in all ways:cool:) Ride Safe:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.