Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going to go for a cycle ride and the rain came with a fury. One of those mid afternoon storms with flashing alerts on the weather channel. Well I sat down at my computer and here I am visiting this site and instead of just lurking in the back, I said well I can't ride but I can still be thinking and reading about it.

So here I am and the weather made me do it!

Rode back in college on a 180cc twin Yamaha. 30 years later, I decided to take the riders safety course. On the way to class I stoped by a local power sports dealer and found this black 2002 V Star 1100 Classic. It looked clean and shiny. But I didn't know a thing about mechanical "stuff". So I called my buddy to test drive it. He said it was a nice ride. So I had 2 mechanic buddies look at it. One of them said if you don't buy it I will and sell it for $1000 more.

Well that was last March, bought the bike and parked it til I finished class and got licensed. It had 88,000 miles on it, driven by a single owner, 60 year old lady . Over 8000 miles a year! Hard to do in Wisconsin's short summers!

Any way,I bought it stock after she took off all her add- ons and she bought a new V Star 1100 Classic to put them on. Believe it or not... the dealer said she cried when she gave up her old bike...

So, being in Harley Country(Wisconsin), I was a little unsure if I would fit in. I would have to say that I now have Harley, BMW, Gold 'Wing, Kawasaki, and V Star friends.

I am happy with my "Black Betty" and can tell you we went to Daytona for BikeFest this past March( no I didnt ride her, she sat comfortably in the trailer leaving a foot of snow behind). We also rode down to Mile Marker 0 in Key West( no trailer this time). What a blast.

Well I better tell you how I dressed up ole Betty:

Memphis Shades Windshield and Lowers
Baron 2" risers
Yamaha Highway Bar
Kuryakyn Pegs
Mustang Seat and Backrest
Cobra Sissy Bar
Baron Passenger Floorboards
K&N Air Filter
Jardin Oil Filter Relocation
Saddleman Slant Drifter Bags

That's my story...Rain stopped, sun is coming out...here we go!

docyami

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome & glad to meet you. Maybe you'll end up being riding buddies with the previous owner.....could there be a love connection somewhere in your future?:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard doc great intro.You found the right place to ride when you can't.Someone should have told you black bikes are nice but the grey ones are faster.Oh betty is at the next camp fire down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts