Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
2,819 Posts
Wow! Proof that you can’t fix stupid. They’re gonna risk their own & others lives for something a dumb as that? Unbelievable!
It was highway to a national park - lots of tourists and he had an out of province plate. Brings up the question, if it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
ROFLMBO! What a novel idea.

·
Banned
2,819 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
if they would only exit themselves from the pool it would be ok....

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
so true...upon their exit...they likely take others with them...without even asking!!!!...how rude! :)

T^

Reactions: KCW

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
About a month ago my daughter in Raleigh NC had to replace her old Kia Rio with a decent commuter car, driving 70 miles a day to the college where she is a teacher.

She got the same make and model as my Corolla, same indigo blue color, same LE trim package and manual transmission. Hers is one year newer.

Tuesday she was leaving the college at 4PM with my 1 year old grandson in his child seat in the back. Stopped at a red light on HWY 40 with a MACK dump trunk stopped behind her.

She heard a loud crash and the dump truck lurched forward just enough to bump the back of her car without moving it. Her and little Oscar were not harmed.

A full size utility van had rear ended the dump truck, going about 60mph, never touched the brakes. Dump truck driver was not harmed.

Driver of the van was killed instantly.

BE CAREFUL out there because drivers be fatally crazy and distracted.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
We all know riding our bikes is dangerous. But, with careful observation & smart decisions we will arrive back home.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
In the last 3 years my daughter t boned a car that ran a red light put the santafe (other vehicle)on its roof. Totaled her car. My wife got hit in the rear wheel by a guy that said he stopped at a 4 way stop on our corner. Spun her around 180* and he said he stopped? Car turned left in front of her at a light. Totaled that car. I have been rear ended twice in my truck sitting at red lights. None of these were our fault. And that isn't even counting all of the close calls that we have eluded. So in short people are (i'll be polite) morons.

·
Registered
2010 Vstar 950. Candy Red.
1,054 Posts
A full size utility van had rear ended the dump truck, going about 60mph, never touched the brakes. Dump truck driver was not harmed.

You didn't say it, but I know you thought it: so fortunate that dump truck was between your family and a dipshit with a drivers license.

I remember the thread here about sitting at a light in or out of gear and why having the ability to get the hell out of the way can save your life. Maybe I should always do that instead of just when I feel like it or have stopped cars behind me.j You just never know.

I know everyone can get caught not paying attention, but I'll bet motorcyclists (excluding the very young) are measurably more attentive than average.

I wish we could splat a paintball onto a car being driven by anyone staring into a phone, weaving, or just plain stupid driving as an alert mechanism for other drivers and LEOs on the road. Enough color added to a car gets you pulled over. Yes, I know that is an unworkable idea, but my other ideas about stupid drivers would get me red flagged by gun grabbers.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
You didn't say it, but I know you thought it: so fortunate that dump truck was between your family and a dipshit with a drivers license.

I remember the thread here about sitting at a light in or out of gear and why having the ability to get the hell out of the way can save your life. Maybe I should always do that instead of just when I feel like it or have stopped cars behind me.j You just never know.

I know everyone can get caught not paying attention, but I'll bet motorcyclists (excluding the very young) are measurably more attentive than average.

I wish we could splat a paintball onto a car being driven by anyone staring into a phone, weaving, or just plain stupid driving as an alert mechanism for other drivers and LEOs on the road. Enough color added to a car gets you pulled over. Yes, I know that is an unworkable idea, but my other ideas about stupid drivers would get me red flagged by gun grabbers.

You hit the nail on the head or the fruit fly on the banana

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

Ha that is an idea I heard many years ago but the thing then was when you saw somebody doing something stupid you would shoot them with a flag that would stick to their car. The flag said stupid on it. When LEO's would see somebody with so many flags they would arrest them for just being stupid.. I do not remember if it was from a George Carin act or not. But then and now it sounds like a damn good idea!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Gallagher ...

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,530 Posts
About a month ago my daughter in Raleigh NC had to replace her old Kia Rio with a decent commuter car, driving 70 miles a day to the college where she is a teacher.

She got the same make and model as my Corolla, same indigo blue color, same LE trim package and manual transmission. Hers is one year newer.

Tuesday she was leaving the college at 4PM with my 1 year old grandson in his child seat in the back. Stopped at a red light on HWY 40 with a MACK dump trunk stopped behind her.

She heard a loud crash and the dump truck lurched forward just enough to bump the back of her car without moving it. Her and little Oscar were not harmed.

Glad your daughter and grandson are safe. Sad someone lost their life.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thankful for those who survive. Proud of those who ride safe.
Remember, half the population that graduates,are in the bottom of their class.
Most of us are human, some more than others...

Ride safe!

101 - 120 of 127 Posts