Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let's face it, there is no bad weather, only bad clothing... and riding technique.
😎

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,199 Posts
Well let's face it, there is no bad weather, only bad clothing... and riding technique.
😎
I agree, except that I would add, bad clothing, bad technique, and bad choice of vehicle. At some point a snow machine has to take over for the motorcycle.

Weather is weather. Not really good or bad. Weather is not a choice. Only choices can be good or bad.

I guess whether could be a choice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Weather is weather. Not really good or bad. Weather is not a choice. Only choices can be good or bad.

I guess whether could be a choice.
I don't know that I'd agree that weather isn't good or bad. Back in 2018 I was riding back to FL from NY when, what I would consider bad weather, made me make a choice. I had stopped at the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA. I was planning on riding the entire thing south. When I woke up the next morning, Hurricane Michael decided to come to town. Michael was traveling north along the route that I had planned on going south. The choice I made was to ride west, around the path of the storm. A motorcycle isn't built like Hurricane Hunter aircraft, and I didn't want to become airborne.

I still haven't ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway.

·
Super Moderator
3,081 Posts
I agree there is no bad weather for riding. As long as it is not too dangerous. Some of the worst weather we've ridden in is almost a badge of honor between me and my friends.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: Boog and lesblank

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,438 Posts
No bad weather? BS.
Freezing, or close to it, bad. Rainy and flooding, bad. Hurricanes and tornadoes, bad. This thin skinned, Texas boy, thinks weather can be bad. Do I still ride, absolutely. Do I dress for the weather, absolutely. Do I complain, absolutely. But still enjoy the ride.

Reactions: bpounds and Boog

·
Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
1,286 Posts
No bad weather? BS.
Freezing, or close to it, bad. Rainy and flooding, bad. Hurricanes and tornadoes, bad. This thin skinned, Texas boy, thinks weather can be bad. Do I still ride, absolutely. Do I dress for the weather, absolutely. Do I complain, absolutely. But still enjoy the ride.
You identified the issue brother, thin skin. Us fellows from the Texas Panhandle have the thicker variety I reckon. ;) 🍨

Reactions: lesblank

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,199 Posts
No bad weather? BS.
Putting on my philosophers hat.

Weather cannot be good or bad. It just is what it is. It isn't something we can choose. Al Gore devotees aside.

Weather unsuitable for riding might be great weather for penguins and polar bears. Weather that it too hot might be just the ticket for doves. Too much rain for riding might fit a duck just perfectly. It isn't the weather that is good or bad, it is all about what we do with it.

The George Jones song comes to mind.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,438 Posts

Weather cannot be good or bad. It just is what it is. It isn't something we can choose. Al Gore devotees aside.

Weather unsuitable for riding might be great weather for penguins and polar bears. Weather that it too hot might be just the ticket for doves. Too much rain for riding might fit a duck just perfectly. It isn't the weather that is good or bad, it is all about what we do with it.

The philosopher, @bpounds, 😉

you are correct. So, I'll add "in my opinion" there is bad weather. 🙃

Reactions: CantRider

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,199 Posts
That's me striking my stoney pose.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,199 Posts
Nothing. It is solid stone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Cool song. (y)

Also nice to know that I'm not the only one who hears voices...🤫

1 - 16 of 16 Posts