Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Manual and basic tool kit (should come with the bike but on a lot of used bikes they are missing).

Insurance!

A healthy respect for the road and a wary eye for the idiots around you. :p

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yep,
Farmall: Damn good place to start, huh?
M'Lady: Right on:cool:
blast_tyrant: You may want to add a lenght of bailin wire to the list, rates right up there w/duct tape, cept a little tougher;)

Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep,
Farmall: Damn good place to start, huh?
M'Lady: Right on:cool:
blast_tyrant: You may want to add a lenght of bailin wire to the list, rates right up there w/duct tape, cept a little tougher;)

Thanks for the heads up. I had never heard of baling wire before. Any interesting uses you've come across on a motorcycle?

Oh, and I forgot that I keep a few feet of paracord with me as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ever since I broke a clutch cable 75 mi. from the house, I carry an extra one with me. Plus spare bulbs in my tool bag along with a small flashlight.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Remember the old commercial "Don't leave home without it?"

How about a credit card for those unexpected emergencies? (Or for that fine for gliding through Podunk USA's speed trap)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I had never heard of baling wire before. Any interesting uses you've come across on a motorcycle?

Oh, and I forgot that I keep a few feet of paracord with me as well.
Sorry you have not heard of it,
It is used to tie bails of hay, not so much anymore, it has been replaced by bailing twine( a much inferior product) to a large extent.

And yes, I have used a ton of if. It was the duct tape before duct tape, and I might add, a hell of alot tougher than tape.

Wire up a fender, a tail pipe, muffler and on and on:D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Fix a flat is always nice

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
794 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts