Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man oh man...decisions.

Ive had my strat for years and love the bike. Its really one of the better bikes made. Good style, comfortable, quality switch gear, excellent power, etc..

But I yearn for a fairing, cruise control, larger storage, tour pack, radio, cruise. etc....

Ive kicked around for a few years over the Victory Cross Country Tour but am a cheap ass and dont want to spend the money.

I thought about putting a fairing on my Strat but I cant get out for less than a grand and I would never get that money back selling it.

So I think I will be putting my bike up for sale this spring while people are chomping at the bit for bike while getting their tax returns back...spending the summer rideless and buying a CC tour towards the end of the summer when you can get a decent deal.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Man oh man...decisions.

Ive had my strat for years and love the bike. Its really one of the better bikes made. Good style, comfortable, quality switch gear, excellent power, etc..

But I yearn for a fairing, cruise control, larger storage, tour pack, radio, cruise. etc....

Ive kicked around for a few years over the Victory Cross Country Tour but am a cheap ass and dont want to spend the money.

I thought about putting a fairing on my Strat but I cant get out for less than a grand and I would never get that money back selling it.

So I think I will be putting my bike up for sale this spring while people are chomping at the bit for bike while getting their tax returns back...spending the summer rideless and buying a CC tour towards the end of the summer when you can get a decent deal.
Had an '06 Vic Kingpin a few bikes ago and, other than being a bit small for 2 up riding with the wife, I really liked the engine and build quality. I would think the Cross Country would be an excellent choice!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Same Here

If I were a rich man Id keep the strat as my solo machine and use the Victory CC tour for long rides and taking the wife.
I'm in the same spot Phil between my 950T and an FJR1300. The good news is the trade is straight across. The bad news is with the amount of money I put into the 950 to make it just right (including the Russell Day-Long seats that will be here Wednesday) I could have bought a new FJR in 2012 or gotten very close to it.

My advice is ride the Victory and many other similar bikes out there. Something may surprise you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts