Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The saddlebags that are on mine are old, sagging, wearing out and made out of that fake leather. Thinking about a set of Vikings.

Maybe in Brown.

The top two are Large the one below is extra large.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found a working 22% off coupon....... Only good for a few more days....... Decisions, decisions.........

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,129 Posts
I had Viking on my 1100 for 4 years. Commuted daily in all weather. Bike sat outside in Texas sun and held up well.

Oldest picture I could find was 2015, so they are over a year old here.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

This picture is from 2018. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: kje54

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had Viking on my 1100 for 4 years. Commuted daily in all weather. Bike sat outside in Texas sun and held up well.

Oldest picture I could find was 2015, so they are over a year old here.

View attachment 117172

This picture is from 2018. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

View attachment 117173
I can get the first one pictured shipped w/tax for $213 and change.

·
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,129 Posts
If you like the studs, seems like a good price. Are those the jumbo or large ones. Mine were the jumbo, came in handy when carrying stuff.

·
14,129 Posts
Just reread your post, those are large. Depending on what you want to carry should be good. When you mount them if I remember correctly they say to have 4 inches between exhaust and bags. Mine were closer than that but glued some left over header wrap from another project on bottom of bag and never had an issue.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also ordered a Mustang rear fender bib as the strap overs have done some damage to the paint job. Figured that would cover most if not all of it when I remove the rear seat.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I like how he took a picture of it in the summer riding season, not as much snow around it.....:laughingsomeone:

• Haha
Reactions: kje54

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My new bags showed up today, they look good. Of course the instructions leave a little to be desired (not terrible but not great) and instead of the bracket bars these have their Fat Brackets. They kinda look like big door stops.
Now that they and the lowering kit have arrived I have to get all that installed.

Reactions: lesblank
1 - 17 of 17 Posts