2000 V Star 1100 Classic. (SOLD) 2006 Road Star 1700
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Hahahaha, after only having ridden the new bike home and about 2 blocks after that, I was literally a cat's whisker away from trading it yesterday. Smoking deal...but decided I wanted to do my build. Would have only cost me $130/mo for 3 years after trading the new Roady and a little cash....lol

Has all the bell's and whistles, 2014 with only 15K miles. It was actually VERY hard to pass up, but the satisfaction comes from building it myself.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Dude you would have loved that bike,if it is the 1900 motor. Anyone who rides can't believe how it runs. I have owned 16 bikes over 54 yrs and I don't want anything else.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Dude you would have loved that bike,if it is the 1900 motor. Anyone who rides can't believe how it runs. I have owned 16 bikes over 54 yrs and I don't want anything else.
Oh, I'm well aware. Bike is/was phenomenal. Ready to ride and needs nothing except maybe a slightly larger front wheel and a different front fender. Previous owner was actually at the dealership and told me everything he did to the bike. About $5K in extras on it. It was really, REALLY hard to pass up, but I decided to go with what I've wanted to do for a while and build a full-custom, ground-up build

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I payed $6300 for mine a year ago and the General mgr of a local Harley dealer tryed to get me to sell him mine , he was getting to the point I almost took it. He finally said you don't even have to buy a bike just sell that Stratoliner and he offered me $10,000 cash.
My wife said you could have bought another one, but I would have to start buying what I have on it , it is just right . So I know if it is not exactly what you have in mind it just won't do. To me there is nothing that can compare to what I have , he was want to sell me a Road Glide for $19k with him kicking in $10k of it. But it wasn't what I wanted , I like my bike. 2 Years ago before the Strat the Road Gide is the one Harley I wanted.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I payed $6300 for mine a year ago and the General mgr of a local Harley dealer tryed to get me to sell him mine , he was getting to the point I almost took it. He finally said you don't even have to buy a bike just sell that Stratoliner and he offered me $10,000 cash.
My wife said you could have bought another one, but I would have to start buying what I have on it , it is just right . So I know if it is not exactly what you have in mind it just won't do. To me there is nothing that can compare to what I have , he was want to sell me a Road Glide for $19k with him kicking in $10k of it. But it wasn't what I wanted , I like my bike. 2 Years ago before the Strat the Road Gide is the one Harley I wanted.
Exactly!

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Why would you pay $9000 more for what you already have.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts