Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

well ive had my 2012 deluxe and im looking at an 06 roadliner but want to modify it to my liking with a 21" wheel, fender, new bars, engine crash bars and some true dual pipes..plus lower the bike..and i dont know where i can get the info i need to work out what kind of $ im looking at..
\
additionally as im looking at the roadliner and not the strat or deluxe, i am also keen to install the hghway light arrangement on it..but where can i get these items?

this might even be my first post..

this guy has the arrangement im after- sort of..

you may wonder why i want to change..well, the yamaha puts out 20-30 more horses stock, it's less than half the price, so insurance is cheaper, and its more reliable and rides better..and i probbaly come away with some left over cash..here in australia the HDs are around $20k whereas an 06 roadliner can be as low as $7k...thats enough room for the mods i want and then some.

ive done plenty of modding before so not worried about installation issues, just trying to get an idea of the $ needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Duels will runs about 1000.00 new. The front tire and rim would be 500.00-800.00. No idea on the lowering kit or anything else. One thing you might want to think about. If you lower the bike and put the Freedom true duels on it the pipe that crosses over under the frame to the right side on the bike will scrub the ground when hitting many bumps and when leaning hard the underside of the tips will scrub as well. They do sound great though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
For sure Harleys have way more choices in aftermarket items but you should be able to find what you need.
The cost of the bike is the trade off... Here I can find a good used 10 years old HD for about $7000-$10000 with low miles ...Metrics in that age probably about $5000 to $8000
Keep looking and asking, suggestions will come up.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,002 Posts
Welcome back. You posted back in 2013 a few time, so not your first post. I'm sure you will get some suggestions on customization of you bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Welcome back as well, definitely shop around is my suggestion. Let us know what you ultimately decide on and include some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Personally, the Roadliner in factory setup is a great handling bike for the size. Before doing anything, ride it stock and see if you want to make changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts