·
Registered
5,436 Posts
you see it everytime there is a national news story about a motorcycle accident

Motorcycles are dangerous

MC riders think they own the road

MC riders are reckless

motorcyles should be outlawed

I use to ride a motorcycle but I got scared one day and I sold it...

nothing new or intelligent :^)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ugh, Obviously some people should just stick to 4 wheels, and drive safely.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If and fact the guy was going 160 he might not have fared any better in a car. You hear of fatal accidents with cars in the city limits at city speed limits here all the time. People are just getting stupid.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
@YamahaParExcellence

What annoyed me we this lady's attitude in the article. She was extremely arrogant. Posting some stats the riding is dangerous, does not give her the right act as such a vapid twit.
And the "counterpoint " was also written with arrogance.

The best part of the article was the comment section.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Idiots like that make me ashamed to be Canadian.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@YamahaParExcellence

What annoyed me we this lady's attitude in the article. She was extremely arrogant. Posting some stats the riding is dangerous, does not give her the right act as such a vapid twit.
And the "counterpoint " was also written with arrogance.

The best part of the article was the comment section.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
"Honestly, I have been a active motorcycle rider, since 15 years of age (one year learning on a farm/private property), and can never remember such an inane, and horrendous article pointing out the sport and recreation that riding a motorcycle can offer you. For gawd's sake, you can post such an article on boating (which we do...and also enjoy) upon the open water, hell...mountain biking, heck...just trail walking can kill you...venomous reptiles, fording swollen streams, avalanche upon trail, winter and summer...I could go on and on....but this article, quite frankly...just took me into a bad place this morning, and caught me quite, off-guard.......WTF?!?!?!?"

Joe

·
Registered
447 Posts
Heh, that website refuses to let me view the comment section, its just empty for me.

Looking at that reporters other stories, it seems to be a trend. Ban guns, ban bikes, ban cars, ban drugs, .... even beer belly.

Think she is a shock jock that didn't like the radio business.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Someone corrected her in the comments and said that car/pedestrian accidents are far more deadly the car/motorcycle. No doubt her next column will be calling for a ban on walking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts