Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Very recently I got too close and the overwhelming desire for big metal and rumble almost overcame me. The wife balked when I suggested we sell her car so I could own a bigger motorcycle. I was surprised by her lack of understanding about my needs. She wasn't there for me when I needed her.

The next day I got better but just wait until she needs something. If it isn't a huge TV, she's gonna be sorry.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Very recently I got too close and the overwhelming desire for big metal and rumble almost overcame me. The wife balked when I suggested we sell her car so I could own a bigger motorcycle. I was surprised by her lack of understanding about my needs. She wasn't there for me when I needed her.

The next day I got better but just wait until she needs something. If it isn't a huge TV, she's gonna be sorry.
The difference between your wife and mine is my wifes car would only be the down payment

·
Registered
34 Posts
To the practical minded, much of the behavior of the wealthy is insane. Worse is the behavior of the wanna-be posers trying to look wealthy while they sail off a cliff plummeting towards bankruptcy.

I live close to some really wealthy communities and whenever I visit the local biker hangout you can easily spot the wealthy riding up on their display Harley's, most of them demonstrating a total lack of rider experience with their clumsy parking. It's hard not to laugh at these posers in their brand new, elaborately expensive leathers knowing the majority of them ride maybe a dozen or less times a year, always in perfect weather and always to some event they can pose at.

My point is that the average working class man seeing tens of thousands being spent for a substandard bike just boggles the mind. When considering why many buy Harley one has to always factor in the brainwashing effect Harley advertising has on the public such that much of the motivation for buying one is to appease the ignorant public's notions of what is 'cool'.

I find it really amusing to see ads for these elaborate bikes the owners finally realize aren't all the ego boost they thought they'd be. The ads are so desperate they are posted in other counties and states, hoping someone 'out there' will be foolish enough to even pay half of what they did for their money pit.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

Well, you’ll like this one then @graybeard .
This was the WIFE’s idea! She also said “the surround systems getting old, so let’s upgrade that too.” BTW, it’s 86” 4K 3D..

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Well @ChiefGunner ...You know what they say about people with big TV's???

Thats right... to hang em up they need big walls!
Lol!
The real problem was it turned my nice fireplace into a “Bunsen burner”!
BTW, there’s only 1/2” clearance between the fireplace mantel and the ceiling.

It was also HER idea to get the SVTC.
I’ve got a good wife!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well, you’ll like this one then @graybeard .
This was the WIFE’s idea! She also said “the surround systems getting old, so let’s upgrade that too.” BTW, it’s 86” 4K 3D..
View attachment 91392
might have to sell both cars for that one. Plus by a bigger house so I could see the whole thing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts