Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2008-Yamaha-Stratoliner-Midnight-100866985

Im hammering out my medical bills and should be able to go get this bike by the end of January. I am holding off on getting to excited until everything is Oked but i figured i would mention it here.

Literally liek everything i want besides a little ceramic coating on the pipes and powder-coating on some chrome.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Rock on hope it all comes together for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's a nice find, and it's about what I paid for my new 2009 last fall, so the pricing makes sense given the extras. Those corbin bags are spendy.

Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny thing is IM calling MY bill collectors it is such a old debt they basically forgot about it, but my credit report didn't.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh hospital refuses to settle so it is the full amount or nothing basically,i could get it with my tax return but a large part of me just wants to refuse to pay them the full amount on a bogus bill from 5 years ago just so i can take out a loan.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Eh hospital refuses to settle so it is the full amount or nothing basically,i could get it with my tax return but a large part of me just wants to refuse to pay them the full amount on a bogus bill from 5 years ago just so i can take out a loan.
I learned a little trick that helped me clean up my credit a few years back.
If you file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies they contact the collecter and give them 30 days to respond. More often then not the collecter responds and the debit remains on your credit.
The trick is to then immediatley file another dispute. The collecter gets another notices and more often then not thinks it's already been addressed and will not respond. The debt then comes off your credit.
This cleared most of my medical bills off my credit. Hope things work out for you!

·
Administrator
13,702 Posts
The collecter gets another notices and more often then not thinks it's already been addressed and will not respond. The debt then comes off your credit.
This cleared most of my medical bills off my credit. Hope things work out for you!
think this will work with my student loan?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Even with the extras it seems high with that mileage. Talk'em down. See how motivated they are to sell.

·
Administrator
13,702 Posts
found a post from you back in June:

Just think it is funny after having my bike for like a month now i already want a 1300 quite badly. Do any of you guys have experience going from the 1100 to the 1300?

Also from you guy's experience how much do you get for a good quality 1100 classic for trade in at a dealer? Just wondering since i got it so cheap i will make profit when i trade it in or sell it to get a 1300.
so what happened with the 1300?

·
Registered
159 Posts
bevo - I never tried this with a loan only medical bills that went to collections agencies. Typically when a debt is sold to a collections agency they are sold in "bundles". The agencies buy multiple bad debts at a time. These debts are sold over and over again to different collections agencies (ever notice you get mail from different companies about the same debt? It's been sold).
They don't care if they collect all of the debt, they are just looking for what ever they can get before they sell it off to another company. It's all profit to them. That's why they typically don't respond the second time around.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Most student loans will never drop off your credit if they are backed by the goverment. Student loans can also be repaid by any refunds from the IRS.

The only way to remove a student loan is to pay the debt, bankruptcy cannot even charge off the loans.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bevo- i wanted a stratoliner but i was told it got 28mpg so i shied away from it,then i found out that guy was full of sh!t so all bets were off and i wanted the big boy.

I already talked him down actually first thing i said to the guy was how about 8k and he was A ok with it i may try to talk him down a few hundred more so i can get to riding it faster since the loan will not cover tags,registration or new insurance.

But all of that is getting ahead of the current goal of paying off the debt and hoping they give me the loan,cause a cosigner is not a option. But hey worst case scenario my credit is cleared up.

·
Administrator
13,702 Posts
Hope this helps.
i was kidding

Most student loans will never drop off your credit if they are backed by the goverment. Student loans can also be repaid by any refunds from the IRS.

The only way to remove a student loan is to pay the debt, bankruptcy cannot even charge off the loans.
and death

1 - 15 of 15 Posts