Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to upgrade my seats this winter , riding the ultra glide with drivers backrest was very comfortable for me and my wife loved the passenger seat, so what I have looked at so far was the ultimate seats and the mustang seat but I'm not sure if mustang has the drivers backrest which is really what I want, the ultimate seats have them but very pricey, so here's the question which seat is more comfortable and which is more affordable, thanks in advance. Patrick

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went with the Mustang, "Ultra Tour" and it does have a drivers backrest. I think the backrest is really a great addition, especially on long rides which we do a lot of. My only complaint is for my height (6'3") the backrest is too short. I'm having the weld shop extend it about 4" this winter and I think that will be perfect.

Even with the Mustang I was still not able to ride for more than an hour without being uncomfortable. Most people really like them and that may just be me. I added an, "AirHawk" pad and now I can ride for hours, eventhough we stop pretty frequently to drink water, take photos etc.

Don

·
Banned
292 Posts
I had a Mustang on my old Harley and have an Ultimate on my Raider. I was a little disappointed with the Mustang and sent it to Mean City for rework. I love the Ultimate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mustang seats rock!

I have Mustang seats on my 1100 that is slowly getting customized more and more. The seats are comfortable and have the back rest for myself. Passenger seat is wider and had a good back rest, too. I ride to work, 70 miles round trip, daily. Comfort is king. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts