Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Guy's before I break the plastic on these turn signal lenses, (07 Stratoliner), how do they come off, I dug through the maintenance manual, looking for how to change the light bulbs, can't find diddly squat lol. I turn them either direction, they make cracking noises, ok I better ask incase there is some secret screw hole or hidden locking item.
Ok guys let me have it lol !....I plan on replacing the standard bulbs with LED units.

tnx.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Ok Guy's before I break the plastic on these turn signal lenses, (07 Stratoliner), how do they come off, I dug through the maintenance manual, looking for how to change the light bulbs, can't find diddly squat lol. I turn them either direction, they make cracking noises, ok I better ask incase there is some secret screw hole or hidden locking item.
Ok guys let me have it lol !....I plan on replacing the standard bulbs with LED units.

tnx.
I've had mine off troubleshooting but I forgot how I did it. I'm sure there's a bottom set screw; lemme go look. Need to go out to the barn anyway...:)

Yup. The front turn signals have the set screw on the inboard side; the rear signals have the set screw on the bottom. Stubby phillips head is most helpful....:) (Keeps you from doing French carving on the rear fender while removing the screws)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent !

Thanks for a good answer and some humor to go along with it !

·
Registered
254 Posts
Was there an answer amongst the humor...lol
yes screw holding lens in then twist and pull...
I was reading thinking they were going to tell how to take the lens apart... I seen pics of it apart but forgot to bookmark them.
Ride Safe
thanks for the laugh guys.

·
Registered
396 Posts
GEEZ, here i was busting them off with a hammer and then gluing new ones on. of course the madonna tit lenses were pointing in random directions but it worked for me. lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well the first of many rear turn signal lens to break I'm sure- It only took a 4 year old to bump it and snap the madonna type lens clean flush with the assy.. Looking at the make it is a very cheap design. Anyone else break these lens on a normal basis?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well the first of many rear turn signal lens to break I'm sure- It only took a 4 year old to bump it and snap the madonna type lens clean flush with the assy.. Looking at the make it is a very cheap design. Anyone else break these lens on a normal basis?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Yep Levi had to replace one already. As you said, four year old with a bicycle. They can be kinda pricey. The four year old as well as the lens. Just wish the lens was as sturdy as the four year old. Seems the PO had to replace the same lens, he did a great job of rounding out the screw head. Took me a while and threatened violence on the assembly to get it out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ahhh...

Why does Springer's status say "banned" and, for that matter, where the hell's he been?

Just sayin...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yep Levi had to replace one already. As you said, four year old with a bicycle. They can be kinda pricey. The four year old as well as the lens. Just wish the lens was as sturdy as the four year old. Seems the PO had to replace the same lens, he did a great job of rounding out the screw head. Took me a while and threatened violence on the assembly to get it out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
Yea they are 24.15 per lens it could get pricey, I Hysol'ed it and that stuff holds jets together then ordered a new one.. I'll keep the hysol one for a spare, since it dries clear and trust me it will not break in the same place again LOL the bracket will break first:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts