Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to know from the ones that ride the 950t how they are on long road trips and how dry the bags stay and just your personal thoughts about the bike. i will be picking a 2012 up later this week going to be my wifes new bike, trading in her 11 650. i ride the stryker.

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
the seat is horrible. for any trips over 100 miles, i strongly recommend getting an aftermarket seat. she will be much happier with the 950 going at highway speeds versus the 650, as far as the performance upgrade.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for that and i figuared you would be the first to post i here you are the 950 guru on here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love my 950T. Mustang seat helps. I live in drought stricken San Diego, so I haven't tested the bags in rain, but they aren't sieves as I tried to figure out where a slow drip was coming from...spilled water bottle in the bag.That hard plastic and overhang on the lid should be alright I'd think.
Hope your wife loves her bitchin' new ride!

·
Registered
79 Posts
We rode 75 miles in a monsoon, could barely see, and the wife's bags didn't leak.
She uses a sheepskin pad on a stock seat and is fine with it.
I prefer aftermarket or modified stock seats myself.
Best $140 we spent on the last bike:
http://www.meancitycycles.com/

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies we signed the papers yesturday and they are going to deliver it saturday and pick up the vstar 650. good to hear the bags are pretty waterproof since i have no plans of putting a set on my stryker, my wife can be the mule :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
they make rain covers for saddlebags
I had a set of rain covers with my first set of softbags. They are fine if you just park and wait for the rain to pass but if you ride in the rain they will start to shred pretty quickly.

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
I had a set of rain covers with my first set of softbags. They are fine if you just park and wait for the rain to pass but if you ride in the rain they will start to shred pretty quickly.
i guess it depends on which covers or bags you have. i have covers for my First Gear bags and they have withstood quite a bit of punishment without tearing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the new bike will be dropped off today around noon and they are picking up the 650 that we traded in. now if this snow will just go away so she can take it for a ride. suffering from PMS parked motorcycle syndrome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts