Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Royal Star Boulevard and I'm the original owner with only 6000 miles...excellent condition and I've never had any work on it other than regular service. It's been moth balled for about 6 months and I went to ride it this weekend and found that the throttle grip wont budge an inch. I don't see any visible signs of cable binding anywhere. I was thinking that something might be bound in the throttle/engine control housing on the handlebar, but I can't figure out how to remove it once the two screws are removed. I'm a little baffled as to what happened since it was just sitting there covered up. Rust maybe? Am I on the right track with this and if so, how do I proceed?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
You need to isolate your problem. Is it the throttle grip, the cable(s), or the carburetor? I don't know that particular bike, but you can usually disconnect the cable where it connects to the carburetor. If it has only a single throttle cable, you can usually move the carburetor part and allow the cable to flex. Anyway, the idea is to find out what moves and what doesn't, then fix the part that doesn't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts