Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In NW Iowa fuel prices jumped 15 cents/gallon today.

87 octane unleaded: $3.54
89 super unleaded (10% ethanol): $3.44
93 octane (where you can find it) $3.65
On road diesel: $3.79

So how bad is it where you are as we sneak up on the snow country riding season?

·
Registered
66 Posts
This website will tell you everything you need to know about gas and diesel prices nationwide for each state and city. It also has a trip planner on it to help you fuel along the way. I run 5 diesel service trucks so finding fuel at the best prices is important to me. Sometimes fuel prices vary as much as 25 cents a gallon while the stations are only a few miles apart. http://gasbuddy.com/

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ours are pretty much the same in NW Wisconsin as yours, Springer, $3.54 for unleaded. And now another snow storm coming, so it'll be even longer before I can start riding to work. I'd much rather be getting 42 mpg now instead of whatever our car gets. But alas, I have no snow tires for the bike :(.

·
Registered
254 Posts
3.49 at most stations for 87, 3.66 and 3.75 mid/premium, diesel is 3.75 stays around what premium is. Can't find any local stations without alcohol in it.
I want a diesel and put veggie oil system in it... If it runs I should go that way, can't wait just need 50 grand on the truck I want....lol...

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Here in Oklahoma some times ODOT will set up out side of a farm action and stick your tank's as you come out on the road looking for red diesel. 86 octane hit 3.45 here today. I don't think we have seen the top yet.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Sure hope your right Bear!

It frosted my butt when after paying $4.149 at the neighborhood filling station I got on the interstate and passed a service plaza with diesel at $4.129.

I can't imagine how much "speculation" plays in setting fuel prices.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Boys and girls...

You haven't seen anything yet.
I don't like to be a purveyor of doom... but it's a real possibility that things are going to get worse.

I've been told that everybody should be preparing as if a hurricane was drawing down on them (or a blizzard for you folks in the great white north). Two weeks of food, medicine and fuel, minimum, on hand. If I'm wrong... you didn't lose a thing. If I'm right... you are S.O.O.L. Sorry.

Fat Strat

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just paid $4.14 for diesel in Maine.
Might just start using off road diesel
Be careful... I got red lighted into a scale in Georgia last week. Was told to pull around back for an inspection. A woman from the I.R.S. unscrewed my fuel cap and took a sample of my fuel. Was checking to see if I had red ( off road ) diesel. Just saying.

Fat Strat

·
Registered
67 Posts
farmalldanzil
Had a .12 cent drop in mid America Oklahoma 3.339
I'm glad you got to enjoy those big savings.
You know I've been through Pink on my way to Tecumseh. It took me three tries before I got to see it though. I kept on blinking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure what everyone else in the country has available to them but here in Pa, I take advantage of a fuel savings program that one of the local supermarkets has with Sheetz. For every $50 I spend at the supermarket, I get a $0.10 savings in fuel cost at Sheetz and the best part is that the savings accumulates as I spend. I recently bought fuel for my SUV (max is 20 gallons purchased allowed) and paid $1.92 a gallon. I know others that have held out longer and have paid $0.30 - $0.40 cents per gallon.
Granted I don't get this savings everytime I fuel up, but at least it's nice to get that feeling when paying that smaller amount that some how I am sticking it to the man in a way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts