Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Great site you have here. My father-n-law just passed last month and the family gave me his 2008 V Star 1100 Classic. It only has 2400 miles on it. Looking forward to customizing and riding this thing. I've already learned so much about a bike that I knew nothing about in just the few hours of reading through the forums. It's been nearly 18 years since I've been on the road. Back then I had a Honda Magna and a GSXR 750.

We are going do this bike up as tribute to my father-n-law and my father who has limited time left here due to illness from Lupus in his lungs and a failing heart along with diabetes. I want to have a friend of mine repaint it in a faint dark camo paint and then airbrush it from there. My father is 22 year retired Air Force, 2 tour Vietnam vet and my father-n-law was 24 years retired US Army, Desert Storm vet. I myself am a veteran as well. US Army Chaplain's Assistant.

I'm going to wind up doing some form of a fairing on it and maybe some different bags but my mind is all over the place with it. I own a car audio business here in Kansas City and have been installing for over 20 years so naturally I'm going to be installing something that sounds awesome.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Sorry for your loss Ipaca9, thoughts and prayers going your way. Welcome to the forum eh. The 1100 is one great perma grin machine even if I do say so myself. I'm sure lots of other folks will chime in and give you some advice or another on what you could do as a paint scheme for a fine tribute to them. Make sure you post this in the vstar forum so you get the max replies. I'm not one to ride with tunes but there's lots of nice looking fairings out there that accept sound making devices :)

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. CoAHope you enjoy the 1100 as much as I do mine. Can't seem to get a lot of time to work on it because I'm always riding it. Thanks for your service to our country. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I've been out of the bikes for so long that I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm lucky to have a bike shop two blocks away from my house that the owner rides the same bike. It was nice to take my wife there and see what she has done with hers. Mustang seat, driver and passenger back rest, trailer hitch, audio system upgrade and many other things that I have thought about.

It is running sluggish when you lay into it but with it being a 2008 and only 2400 miles on it that would mean it's sat for quite a while and needs to be worked on a little. We settled on trading me installing a nice remote starter with alarm on her new car for her shop to redo my carbs, relocate the oil filter and just get it to top shape again.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Ahhhh the ole barter system. Nothing wrong with that. An easy way to save some green as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts