Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone consider buying your own tire changer? Or maybe already has? With the price for a tire online so much less than our local suppliers it is something I am really thinking about. There are 4 of us that ride together all the time, and I think we can split the cost and have a changer pay for itself in a real short time!

I'm looking for any input on brands that either work good, as well as any that we should stay away from! We have 3 tires that need to get replaced before the riding season really gets under way!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Between tire and install, i just dropped $340 bux yesterday at the dealer. That hurts a lot. Wish i could do my own. Tire was $228 alone. @$$%$^#*(*#[email protected]#@!!!!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's a great idea if I had riding buddies and if I had somewhere to put it.

The money they charge to mount a tire, you'd think it was open heart surgery.....!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A thought: There is a balance issue.
An answer to your thought: Dyna Beads! I have been running them in the rear tire on my bike and I'll never go back to traditioal wheel weights again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the bead breaker from Harbor Freight and it works well enough. Changed out both tires myself. Used tire irons with wheel protectors to get the tires off. A little work but saved in the long run by doing it myself. Also used Dyna Beads in both tires, love em.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've got my own tire changer. I call him my brother-in-law. :D He works at a bike shop. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts