Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the tools, experience or patients to change my own rubber. I called around and anywhere between $20.00-$40.00 to change and another $20.00-$40.00 to balance. Any way the point i'm trying to make is I called one shop explained what I wanted they asked whet kind of motorcycle. V-Star 1100 "No way, we are Harley only shop" click... Real sad that is how someone else that doesn't ride a Harley get treated. Oh well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have had the same experience. I don't understand why they can't do something as simple as change a tire. I had one Harley only shop tell me that if i took the tire off they would change it. They said they were afraid they would lose a spacer or something. I can't imagine tires being much different between Harleys and metrics. But, if they want to turn the business away, it's their loss.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow, that's crazy, I took my tires and rims to a shop and had them installed and balanced, plus they called and said one rear wheel bearing was a little rough so I told them to replace both. Total price - $89, tax included (15%). I thought it was a fair price. They're a Kawasaki dealer so I didn't have to deal with the Harley attitude.

·
Registered
42 Posts
shops that only work on Harleys and are only charging $40 to change a tire? that's a paradox.
$40 is a steal. My local Yammy dealer wants 170 if it's on the bike, 90 if it's not. I ended up spitting the cost of a jack and tire changer with a riding buddy a couple of years ago, and compared to that price they've already payed for themselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts