Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They need to change the name of our liners to Tire-eater-oiner.

I put a MCII on the front of my bike in june of 2013, the tire still looks new, maybe 3/4 tread left.

I put a MCII on the rear last spring (march 2014) only 15 months ago......she gone!

I am not sure of the mileage, but I am going to guess 10-12K maybe.

The center is down to less than 2/32 and the edges are cupped at the treads.

I think I will take the 'dark side' to the next level and put a solid rubber forklift tire on the back...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Tires

Heavy bike, lots of torque, soft tires, that's actually a little better than I see some post, and better than I get some of the time. For a time I made it a point to not ride like it was a 650 got 12,000 on a rear tire. But that's no fun.

For what it's worth I see some Harley owners talking about the same tire mileage.

A motorcycle tire with a flat tread is not for me. If you check around you might find a tire with a harder tread.

Dave

·
Registered
108 Posts
They need to change the name of our liners to Tire-eater-oiner.

I put a MCII on the front of my bike in june of 2013, the tire still looks new, maybe 3/4 tread left.

I put a MCII on the rear last spring (march 2014) only 15 months ago......she gone!

I am not sure of the mileage, but I am going to guess 10-12K maybe.

The center is down to less than 2/32 and the edges are cupped at the treads.

I think I will take the 'dark side' to the next level and put a solid rubber forklift tire on the back...
10-12K on m/c tire......wow, I went through stock Stone in 5,050 miles.

Now have 53K, all but 5,050 with car tire. Works great for me and I ride curvy mountain roads every time out.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10-12K on m/c tire......wow, I went through stock Stone in 5,050 miles.

Now have 53K, all but 5,050 with car tire. Works great for me and I ride curvy mountain roads every time out.
Thats why I picked the MCII last year, because they got twice the mileage of the Bridgestones, and typically they are cheaper because you have to use the 200/55/17, a more common size.

Maybe I need to be more shocked at the 10K+ miles I put on it and less that the tire is shot after only a year.

I want to run darkside but will be selling this bike soon and didnt want to be in a situation where the car tire kept me from selling it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Cry babies.

I average under 3,000 on Exedra's, front and rear, and just fed it it's first meal of Mich Comm II and didn't make 4,000 on the back. The front looks like it will make it through another rear. So, that's something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I changed mine out a 7000 on the rear because it was plugged and I'm leaving for a 3000 mile+ trip at the beginning of Sept. I could have easily another 3k from it with just running local, but didn't want to take a chance on it for the trip. The OEM on my 950 went at 5500. With the second tire, another BridgeStone, I got almost 10. My 3rd was a Dunlop and it got me another 12k.

All in all, my liner seems to be a bit easier on the tires than my 950 was. We'll see in another 6 months.

The front is showing no obvious signs of wear yet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sport and crotch rockets are lucky to get 4K on a set and they cost more.
All of the heavy cruisers average the same, some a little more, some a little less, same as gas mileage, over 800cc and they all average the same.
Metzler has a new 888 series that is supposed to be a more mileage tire but most are using the 11s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts