Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what do you guys typically see for labor charges to have your tires changed?

i had a shop that charged me $50 to change out my tires last time. that shop has since closed down. now i found another shop that operates more like a coalition that a normal shop. they provide full service work, but also allow you to work on your bike yourself and they provide the space/tools as needed. they can also order parts for you and price match and stuff, but they do need to get paid. i haven't used them for anything yet, but just contacted them about needing new tires and they quoted me $180 labor to change out both tires.

i had him repeat that quote multiple times because i just couldn't believe my ears. so i called up my dealer and they are only charging $130 for both tires. can't believe it, but the dealer is my cheapest option here.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I go to my local community garage. It costs me about $20 to use the equipment (tire changer/bike lift/wheel balance/etc)and some time and muscle...

·
Registered
894 Posts
$50 sounds about right. My shop upcharges another $25 if I don't remove the bags first.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Last time I did them myself a lot cheaper but know the job was done right and the tire won't fall off. I've got a place that charges 15 bucks to install and ballance the tires if you take them off the bike. The last shop I had do the tires I don't remember how much it was but when I went back they tried to charge 200 to r&r the front tire. That prompted me to just do them myself. Dealer charges 140 labor for the rear...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
King's Super Tire here in my area in PA will change for $20.00 if you bring in the wheel. And they will mount "car" tire on your rim also for same cost if yer so inclined. I do my own though so I know it's done right. And use balance beads in the tires. Never a shake or wobble.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Had my 1100 inspected over the weekend. Found out I will soon need a rear tire. That dealership quoted me $105.00. :D
They were about $40 higher on the tire also.

Think I'm going to learn how to change my own!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The cheapest local shop in my area charges $125 for both tires if the wheels are still on the bike and you brung your own tires. If you buy the tires from them the installation is cheaper.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Locally I found a guy that will do the tire change, dispose of the tires, do the weight things for about $100 for both. He does it for less if you just bring him the wheels...but I don't have a way to lift so that's not an option for the roadstar. We have taken wheels off the Ninja and taken them to him. Locally he is by far the cheapest option - NONE of the dealers will change tires unless you buy direct from them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts