Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much I can expect to pay to get a tire mounted and balanced. My usual part store charges $83 including removing it from the bike - reasonable?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just wondering how much I can expect to pay to get a tire mounted and balanced. My usual part store charges $83 including removing it from the bike - reasonable?
I assume they put the wheel back on the bike?

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Wow - I've not had my current ride long enough to have a tire installed (and all my previous rides are too long ago to warrant comparison). But, I've seen a Craigslist ad for the past month offering a winter special for $20 per tire to mount and balance per tire if I bring in tire removed or $30 per tire if I bring the bike and they do everything. Didn't realize it was such a deal.

I have to say, I also haven't shopped tires AT ALL and was surprised to hear under $200 delivers for both tires. Granted, I've been buying BMW tires and 35" plus off road truck tires so I'm used to paying $300+ each just for the dang tire!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
269 Posts
Similar as Miescha. I called my Yamaha dealer just yesterday. I take in the tire and wheel and it's $30US for the work. I'll take the time with it off to do a bearing check/repack.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called the place this week and found that if I bring the wheel in, it's only $32 to mount and balance. So that's what the plan is. Thanks for the input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts