Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I spent $25 on a tire pressure gauge and am not sure how to read the dial. Instructions read 0-15 in1/4 lb increments or 0-60 in 1 lb increments. I need pressure at 36 psi and 41 psi.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think you bought a gauge that will measure up to 15 lbs. The instructions likely are for two models of gauges. I don't see how reading it differently can allow it to measure differently. This lower scale gauge is likely for air shocks and wheel barrows.

·
Super Moderator
4,498 Posts
I think you bought a gauge that will measure up to 15 lbs. The instructions likely are for two models of gauges. I don't see how reading it differently can allow it to measure differently. This lower scale gauge is likely for air shocks and wheel barrows.
Works on racing slicks too. 😀

aluminum and nitrate

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
This is the gage I purchased after getting tired of messing around with the pencil type, electronic ones, and mini styles as well. You can actually get the chuck on w/o loosing much air, and it holds the reading until you press the button on the side. It comes with both straight and 90 degree chucks, which makes getting to those straight valves so much easier. https://www.amazon.com/TireTek-Flexi-Pro-Pressure-Gauge-Motorcycle/dp/B01B1MQS7O

And it comes with extra chuck seals, just in case you accidentally loose one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts