Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who ride a 1300 Tourer, What pressure do you run in your tires?

I replaced the stock tires with a pair of Metz a little over 10K ago.

The front has plenty left, I just replaced the rear.

I'm trying 38 front, 40 rear. Wondering what you guys run.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
^ ditto, and the specs for the bike, not the max rating on the sidewall of tire

inflating tires to the max rating on the tire itself is a thing with people driving hybrids and electric cars

they get 2 or 3 miles more range, and their tires have half their normal grip....

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,048 Posts
Tires are an active part of the suspension and geometry on vehicles. The tire PSI is engineered into the shock, swing arm geometry, ground clearance, etc. Should always stay within vehicle specs for safety and ride confort. Pay attention to PSI recommended for two up riding as on some bikes it will change. The side wall PSI rating is the tire maximum working PSI most of the time. Several tire manufactures have a similar verbal on tire PSI:
"Do not inflate your tires to the pressure listed on the tire itself. That number is the maximum pressure the tire can hold, not the recommended pressure for the vehicle."

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The manual indicates 36# front and 41# rear on a 2014 1300 tour.
Had a new rear Metz mounted. I told the Tech to inflate 40 rear, 38 front. Went for a ride today, they both felt soft. I'll check the pressure before I ride again, & inflate, or deflate, as the case may be, to the proper psi.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I have 00 Road Star Silverado. Manual says:
Front
36 psi (0-198lbs load)
36 psi (Max load)

Rear
36 psi (0-198lbs load)
40 psi (Max load)

I am running:
Front - 40 psi
Rear - 40 psi

I am thinking of lowering the front. If feels "jumpy."

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know im late, but I have the same set up. I run 36 in the front 41 rear. I've got about 6500 miles on them and still have a good amount of life left in them. I check the pressure pretty much every change of season. With that I mean Spring,Summer Fall and Winter....lol Ct. Temps fluctuate along with the humidity 😕

1 - 9 of 9 Posts