Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations on tires for my 2002 Midnight Star

I am a basic rider, 40 miles to work and back on basic 50mph roads.

Very little if ever interstate or major twisty rider.

I am looking for a long lasting comfortable tire.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I've been very happy with the Michelin Commander II's I put on my Roadstar. 5K on em so far and they are wearing well. I thought they were a good improvement on the stock tires which were admittedly old (though not a lot of miles on them) but again..I didn't dig em.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I use Metz 888's but I think my next set will be Shinko's I know a few guys who have them and love the feel and they have lasted well. For the record I have been very pleased with the Metz but if I can save 20 bucks a tire I think its worth a try.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just purchased a set of Shinko 777 WWW and the rear will be here this Wednesday. I already have the old one off and the rim is cleaned up ready for the new skin. The front one is still not to the site I purchased them from as the Vendor has to get it to them first. I just bought this Road Star after selling my 1600 Vulcan Classic I had for a few years. I am looking to having some good riding this season on the new to me 1700 Midnight Star.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have the Shinko 777 on the rear of my !600 Midnight and just put a Commander2 on the front to replace the worn brigstone {what a bad tire}
soon as the Shinko on the rear wears down ill be replacing it another Commander2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts