1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
I put Michelin Commander II's on my bike and have been very happy with them :D

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Michelin Commander II's above, and I think I will be putting one of those on the front this year (I'm darkside on the rear). I recommend staying away from Dunlops; we've been having some issues with them lately. Two tires literally split apart, and one is showing signs that it is about to do the same. Not cool.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Michelin Commander II's have been the best so far.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I bet your Budget will decide on what you put under your scooter. I use Pirrellis Route 66 but I have been hearing a lot about Shinko tires and the great value they are. Might be worth a search to find out what is up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put the pirelli night dragon tires both front and back....it rocks!!
They have a shorter life span apparently however it was negligible to me for the trade off, way more traction. Ive had a few corners where I went in to fast and had the pegs scraping and I think it was the tires that saved me from a low side crash. I rarely ride without my chick on the back so if I replace tires in 3 years instead of 4 im fine with it for safety!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got 10,000 out of our Metzeler 880 on my 1100. Just bought a new set for 1700. They handle well wet and dry.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Has anyone have anything good or bad to say about Shinko tires? I'm looking at buying white walls for my 1300 as we speak. I have to buy a set this Spring and I'm looking at two places online Chapparal motorsports or Motorcycle superstore....my original tires need to be replaced.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
380 Posts
Has anyone have anything good or bad to say about Shinko tires? I'm looking at buying white walls for my 1300 as we speak. I have to buy a set this Spring and I'm looking at two places online Chapparal motorsports or Motorcycle superstore....my original tires need to be replaced.

I have the Shinko 777 WWW on another bike and love them. The knock is they don't last long but I thing they are a good value.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I put them on a Suzuki Volusia and have about 1500 miles on them. They still look brand new. There's a guy on the Volusia forum that had a set and swears they were roached at 7000 miles. I think 7-10K miles easy, which works for me because I'm not racking up a ton of miles on the bike. If you're a high mileage guy, you may want to consider something else but for the money, I think the Shinkos are great. They look good and handle nice.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I put them on a Suzuki Volusia and have about 1500 miles on them. They still look brand new. There's a guy on the Volusia forum that had a set and swears they were roached at 7000 miles. I think 7-10K miles easy, which works for me because I'm not racking up a ton of miles on the bike. If you're a high mileage guy, you may want to consider something else but for the money, I think the Shinkos are great. They look good and handle nice.

I usually don't ride much as our season up here is usually three to four months. I have approx 7 miles on my 07' 1300 and I've had it for three years now. Should be okay with the Shinko tires thanks

]Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App[/color]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got 10,000 out of our Metzeler 880 on my 1100. Just bought a new set for 1700. They handle well wet and dry.
I have these on my Kawasaki Vulcan. 12,000 miles later and still look pretty good. Mostly highway miles.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ordered online a set of Shinko 777 white wall tires from Chapparal motorsports. I couldn't pass up on the price and free shipping...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts